Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing Ariadne

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just thought I would introduce Ariadne! I went to meet her at the dealership in Bury on Saturday :D

IMG_2459.JPG.jpg

Didn't know there was snow in bury on sat :thumb

Thank you, Normg, Martin and Kev!

Kev, my sister thought they had painted the bonnet white! :lol:

The colour looks completely different from different angles, sometimes bournville, sometimes milk chocolate.

IMG_2461 - Version 2.jpg

Great !

When do you pick her up?

After all my resolution to wait until March, I am now going to collect her next Saturday.

With the possibility of losing my price protection by waiting, along with the two free services being offered before 31.12.14, I decided that I would just take the plunge now. My head has been spinning for the last week, with the issue of what to do with my current car and with some lingering reservations about not waiting as planned, but I will be pleased to get her home now - and in time to add some Christmas decorations too :thumb

Maud

Who could wait?

We get ours tomorrow too, what a way to start Christmas :)

Congratulations, reserves! What colour are you getting? Definitely a great start to Christmas :clap

Post a photo tomorrow! :D

Maud

Nice, Just checking your alloys out. The anthracite is quite light.

Enjoy your Christmas present. :D

Not even sure ours has been built yet. However either way it will be March next year. Need to save a few more pennies!

Goodness

What a lovely van..

Thank goodness I did not call Albert Theseus. He would be in love :D

I really look forward to you getting it Maud. Lovely!!

Mine's in the garage waiting.....can't collect him until sometime in January :-(

Good news Maud,
I think you should twist some tinsel all along the awning cassette - I think gold tinsel would compliment your toffee brown very nicely.

Congratulations Maud. Nice looking van. Can't blame you for not waiting. We picked up 'Foxy' at the start of November, having decided not to wait until the New Year. Got some nice deals on Servicing etc.
We've already had a few nights out in it and looking forward to a few more during the Christmas break.

Enjoy Ariadne :D

Thanks everyone for Ariadne's welcome! I agree about the wheels, pjm-84, they are quite light anthracite and I really like them - just enough contrast without being too 'loud'! I had also planned to save a few more pennies between now and March too but hey ho :D

Twodogs, the time will fly by as you wait until January - it is funny knowing your new Cali is sitting waiting for you though! I couldn't wait to visit her and see what she really looks like, with that "this one is mine" feeling!

Acer, I love the tinsel idea; every girl needs a bit of sparkle! :clap

I'm glad to hear that someone else has decided to jump in the deep end earlier than planned too, Lowman. Great choice of name for Foxy too! What colour is she? We need photos :thumb

And finally (I think), I'm sure Ariadne and Albert would make a fine pair of campers, Jen! She will post some better photos once she has been to the beauticians to add her centre caps and remove the white hair net :lol:

Maud

Maud said:
T
And finally (I think), I'm sure Ariadne and Albert would make a fine pair of campers, Jen! She will post some better photos once she has been to the beauticians to add her centre caps and remove the white hair net :lol:

Maud

In which case I will ask Albert to post a pic of him strutting his stuff in his new shoes, looking terribly cool ( in more ways than one ) with his winter tyres and flash black alloy rims.

Goodness, I will have to change the rose and lilac air fresheners for something a bit more in keeping with his macho image. I will pop into Halfords and see if they do an old spice one :lol:

Looks very nice - I do like the alloys.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Well here she is, all shiny and manicured! I thought I had better get a few photos whilst she is still clean!

Merry Christmas, Albert!

resized Ariadne.jpg

Very nice.....

My build week seems to have slipped a few weeks and now scheduled for week 06. Mid March ETA now. :doh

Thanks, pjm; I wonder why your build has slipped back when we started with the same predicted build week and mine was so early? :crazy
I hope it comes forward just a little now so that you can collect at the beginning of March as you hoped :thumb

Maud

On the plus side I have managed to change the wheels to the black cascavals!

Enjoy Ariadne. :thumb

Back