Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing Ariadne

pjm-84 said:
On the plus side I have managed to change the wheels to the black cascavals!

Enjoy Ariadne. :thumb

I have to ask ....

Why do the wheels matter when keeping them turning, regardless of what they look like, is the name of the game?

A very good question! In my defence:

1) I'm a man :doh
2) I work in architecture (but not fluffy)
3) I currently have a large project on site that is using a lot of RAL 7016 (aka Anthracite) and the VW version is certainly not it.

I've resisted the urge to go 18in as I want a spare wheel!

pjm-84 said:
A very good question! In my defence:

1) I'm a man :doh
2) I work in architecture (but not fluffy)
3) I currently have a large project on site that is using a lot of RAL 7016 (aka Anthracite) and the VW version is certainly not it.

I've resisted the urge to go 18in as I want a spare wheel!

All seems totally reasonable to me.

You could ask why do I insist on carrying around a nice, bright, fluffy blanket to sleep under when a functional duvet or sleeping bag is easier and warmer.

The comment I get most, when I'm standing in my driving drooling with love at Albert, is "it's only a van". However it's not. It's a home and like anyone who has saved and striven to buy a home it has to look it's best always.

I had to ask though :D

It's a man thing.

Liz doesn't understand either.
As far as she is concerned wheels go round and move you from one place to another. End of! What is so special about them?

Alan

I must admit, my initial answer to being asked whether I wanted to specify alternative alloys was "why?" However, my dad was with me and he suggested I look at some on the forecourt and compound and now I completely understand why the wheels matter - I think Ariadne looks lovely on her anthracite cascavels :D

Maud

P.S. Ariadne and I would like to make it clear that all the other Californias look fabulous on their own wheels, no matter what size or style - no wheelism here, just personal preference ;)

Albert thinks Ariadne looks ever so nice and would like me to post this picture of him strutting his stuff wearing his new winter shoes....

alberts winter wheels.jpg

Hi Maud!

Saw your van waiting for collection at Bury a few weeks ago - very nice!

Hope you are having fun!

Jon

Albert, you look very smart on your winter wheels :)

Hi redhairjon, welcome to the forum! Are you another Suffolk Cali owner then? :D

Maud

About to be (crossing fingers!)

DSG or not to DSG that is the question! :crazy

Having always driven manuals in the past, I went for the DSG and I love it :thumb It makes driving so easy and relaxed, and my left knee is already feeling the benefit. I think it will make a big difference for me when exploring unknown places when I'm away, as there will be one less thing to have to think about and I will enjoy the drive more as a result.

Have you had a test drive in a DSG? Perhaps try both, if you haven't already, and then decide.

Best of luck with your purchase :D

Maud

+1 for what Maud said.

The DSG makes for such relaxed and enjoyable driving.

Back