Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing myself

S

Scotlux

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello to all you Cali owners out there.
I have just recently joined this forum after browsing this site for several months now. I would like to thank every one here for their wealth of knowledge, experience and advice. I have considered the usual options for purchasing a camper-van and I just cant afford to spend the money at the moment on a new van especially as this would only be my first. As I trust the comments from the members on this site I would like to ask for their comments on a cali I'm currently looking at on this site. Hugo Stacey has a cali which he has up for sale, it's 2013 model SE 2.0 TDI 140 with BLUEMOTION. He is asking £ 37,500.00. Please have a look at his advert and and comment or advice received would be much apprecieated.
Thanks, Andy

Hi and welcome , you gonne give yourself a tread for the new year....
Pricewise can't comment much as i'm not from the UK but it seems high ?
I got a 2012 (DSG)140bhp and it drives good .
Seen you Q for renting one , you will be buying ather that for sure!

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do hope to buy soon. Watch this space. I work away from home during the week, so the cali will come in handy to save me paying for digs (well thats the plan for now). Your must be the T4 model. I'm keen myself for a DSG.

£37,500 is about where you'd expect to see asking (ASKING) prices for a 2013 140hp. But those prices are typical of those being achieved last summer... In the season and before the arrival of the T6

But very little is selling at this type of pricing, in the middle of winter. A nice grey 140 SE 2011 with 13k miles sold within 2 days over Xmas with an advertised price just under £31k, which was a bargain, but perhaps indicative of what's required to get a quick sale at this time of year.

£37500 is also too close to the ex demos VW Preston have listed currently.

Hi Andy, if you have no p/x you should be able to get a discount so worth making an offer if the van is the one you like. If you're not in a hurry then it might pay to shop around, but if you have plans to use it in the near future then the extra use might be worth paying a little more for.

You won't regret buying one! Good luck :thumb

£37,500 is about where you'd expect to see asking (ASKING) prices for a 2013 140hp. But those prices are typical of those being achieved last summer... In the season and before the arrival of the T6

But very little is selling at this type of pricing, in the middle of winter. A nice grey 140 SE 2011 with 13k miles sold within 2 days over Xmas with an advertised price just under £31k, which was a bargain, but perhaps indicative of what's required to get a quick sale at this time of year.

£37500 is also too close to the ex demos VW Preston have listed currently.

Thanks for your thoughts. You are quite right, the prices are very close to ex demos and I'm currently also looking at one of those through a dealership

Hi Andy, if you have no p/x you should be able to get a discount so worth making an offer if the van is the one you like. If you're not in a hurry then it might pay to shop around, but if you have plans to use it in the near future then the extra use might be worth paying a little more for.

You won't regret buying one! Good luck :thumb
I have had a look at a few and cant wait to get my own. I do plan to start using it mid Jan so am quite pushed that way as well. Is a tuff choice