Introducing ...

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Albert's little Sis.

Brought her home from Poole this afternoon. Now number 3 Sister , Jo, with whom I share mostly everything can share some camping trips with me.

She is yet to be named but we have a few people round for dinner tomorrow which unbeknown to Jo will result in little Sis being garlanded with Ribbon, champagne in the fridge and a naming ceremony.

Number 1 Sis, who will be one of the launch party will be well green with envy after they parted with their camper a few years ago

:D

sjdm - 1 (1).jpg

Spent all our time at the nec show last week looking at these fanatastic caravans, and we are intending to do exactly the same,
Why can't vw do the same as the Eriba and build in a bellows bungee
Very jealous
Dave and lisa

Spent all our time at the nec show last week looking at these fanatastic caravans, and we are intending to do exactly the same,
Why can't vw do the same as the Eriba and build in a bellows bungee
Very jealous
Dave and lisa

It is lovely. When the salesman was demonstrating it to me he looked a bit bemused when I said "Oh! A roof with a built in bungee!!" :D

Hi good caravans,easy to tow and move around. They even have an owners forum for them. I had the troll 550, got that from poole and only sold it as I always travel at night and found it too cold during the winter month's when I took a few hours break on a trip. If the ocean had not come up in good time I thing I may of got another troll and switched to daytime running. F

We had a Puck for years we used to tow behind the Split. Loved it to bits - so easy to tow, move and park and very roomy like the Tardis! Sold it for almost what we paid a couple of years back, not sure I have been forgiven yet!

GJ that is awesome, well done!

With 2 growing teenagers who argue over who WONT sleep in the van with me o_O I must admit to having spent time recently looking at Eriba’s, again! Apart from anything you can then camp all year round, it's getting cold now for tents (my daughter prefers her own pup tent to the van for sleeping in)

Like David Eccles we too towed one behind our splitty, it was amazing and they keep their value too, bonus. They look great, have amazing build quality, and will last forever.

Currently I don’t have a driveway big enough to store one though.

Might have to move house then :D !!

Albert's little Sis.

Brought her home from Poole this afternoon. Now number 3 Sister , Jo, with whom I share mostly everything can share some camping trips with me.

She is yet to be named but we have a few people round for dinner tomorrow which unbeknown to Jo will result in little Sis being garlanded with Ribbon, champagne in the fridge and a naming ceremony.

Number 1 Sis, who will be one of the launch party will be well green with envy after they parted with their camper a few years ago

View attachment 27063
I’m sure we will all be interested in her name after the ceremony. I’m guessing it’s liked to Albert and historical :)

She’s certainly a beauty. We were very interested in them at the NEC last week. Very well crafted and well made.
More fun times ahead. Enjoy her Jen. :thefinger

I’m sure we will all be interested in her name after the ceremony. I’m guessing it’s liked to Albert and historical :)

She’s certainly a beauty. We were very interested in them at the NEC last week. Very well crafted and well made.
More fun times ahead. Enjoy her Jen. :thefinger

Jo has refused totally to have her called Vicki :D Appropriate though for in this particular relationship Albert is definitely the boss.

Lizzie is looking promising, but not the wife of Frederick the great as no hohenzollern name is allowed (Kaiser Wilhelm was the last :shocked )...

Maggie is a front runner, wife of Phillip the Bold who banished Gamay from burgundy and popularised pinot noir and as burgundy is the favourite wine at Chateau Jo'n'Jen that's quite appropriate :D

Maggie seems to suit her stylish, classy looks. Love the back ground history too. :)

Maggie seems to suit her stylish, classy looks. Love the back ground history too. :)

The problem with Maggie is that most of my Sisters are Ricardians, believing that Richard 3 was a lovely bloke, and Margaret Beaufort was the Mother of Henry Tudor, and probably the person most behind the disappearance of the princes in the tower.

It's tough being an historian :sad

Ooh that is a twist in the tale. Not sure that may be a good idea. She must have known something mustn’t she ?
I do think it should be up to you though. Don’t be swayed by the Ricardians.
I like Lizzy too only because it’s my sister’s name so slightly biased. Look forward to hearing your decision. It’s nit an easy one. :sorry

Albert's little Sis.

View attachment 27063
Oh she’s lovely. I like eribas- had a 1983 pan. Always bring a smile to my face when I see them on the autoroutes. Not a confident tow person though or would definitely consider one again.

Two pop tops, nice.
Hope you don´t get the roof corrosion on the eriba.;)

GJ that is awesome, well done!

With 2 growing teenagers who argue over who WONT sleep in the van with me o_O I must admit to having spent time recently looking at Eriba’s, again! Apart from anything you can then camp all year round, it's getting cold now for tents (my daughter prefers her own pup tent to the van for sleeping in)

Like David Eccles we too towed one behind our splitty, it was amazing and they keep their value too, bonus. They look great, have amazing build quality, and will last forever.

Currently I don’t have a driveway big enough to store one though.

Might have to move house then :D !!

Thank you.

I'm not keeping her on the drive. She is going to have to go into store but Jo has given me a promise that she will try and find time for a camping trip every month :D

if it must be a she, why not Catherine after the one women who would not be pulled around by a man. or Amalie that strong minded princess of Hesse which is part of Baden the birth place of hymer and eriba caravans.F

Looks fab. A perfect match and I am a little envious ( No correct that a lot envious)

if it must be a she, why not Catherine after the one women who would not be pulled around by a man. or Amalie that strong minded princess of Hesse which is part of Baden the birth place of hymer and eriba caravans.F

Catherine was on my short list,

I'm currently edging towards Maggie, lots of Maggie's to get people arguing but one Maggie in particular - :D

How about Camilla...?

Elsa was the name of former Albert (Einsteins) wife. And congratulations with the new family member. She looks gorgeous ;-)