Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter Fuse Location ?

M

Mike

VIP Member
Quick question for all the techies out there. I killed the inverter today trying out certain woman's accessories !!

I'm hoping it's just a fuse that's blown. I've checked in the suplimentary handbook for the location but it's not listed. Is it under the passenger seat with the rest ?

Mike

SORTED :)

Just in case anyone has the same problem, it is a 30 amp (green) fuse under the passenger seat.

First: I'm a newbie to California ... my girlfriend has one...
Now; the roof failed, and I found out how, and managed to lower it manually. However, I thought checking the fuse , yes under the drivers seat (lhd, german imported to Norway) - but I'm quite con-fuse-d (ah ah...) - because I don't find a picture or illustration just which of these fuses to check - illustration from english manual downloaded here seems not applicable to our vehicle (..?)

Anyone that could furnish me with a picture or describe quite specific how to... ? Appreciate!

Hi man,
Fuse locations are a nightmare.
Your local van centre will download for you the details for your own van.
There are countless variations so the layout in the manual is rarely right.

I've not done this myself yet, but intend to get my own van's copy soon (probably immediately after my first fuse disaster!).

Anybody know whether the van cwntre charges?

There are approximately 4 fuse boards for a California. Is it the 3 pin plug that has stopped working? If so, see if the RCD has tripped in the nearside rear cupboard.

cheers