Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter powered socket keeps tripping out

C

C&HinNorwich

VIP Member
Wonder if anyone has any advice on this

Recently the socket powered by the inverter keeps tripping out

This happens when the battery gets down to around 70% or lower, doesn't really matter what's plugged in either (anything from a TV or just charging an iphone does it)
Also if I keep unplugging - plugging in to reset it the fridge and heating sometimes turns off)

After running the engine for an hour or so and it's ok again

So my thoughts are

1) is this expected behaviour or should I take it back under warranty
2) if this is a known issue should I consider ripping out the inverter and getting a better one
3) is it pssible it's not the inverter at all and the battery level on the dispay is just wrong (but strange it would trip out as its only after a day parked)

Any experience of this issue?

C&HinNorwich said:
Wonder if anyone has any advice on this

Recently the socket powered by the inverter keeps tripping out

This happens when the battery gets down to around 70% or lower, doesn't really matter what's plugged in either (anything from a TV or just charging an iphone does it)
Also if I keep unplugging - plugging in to reset it the fridge and heating sometimes turns off)

After running the engine for an hour or so and it's ok again

So my thoughts are

1) is this expected behaviour or should I take it back under warranty
2) if this is a known issue should I consider ripping out the inverter and getting a better one
3) is it pssible it's not the inverter at all and the battery level on the dispay is just wrong (but strange it would trip out as its only after a day parked)

Any experience of this issue?
Take it back to the dealer if its still in warranty. Sounds like an electrical problem / possibly poor earth causing the inverter to switch off too early. Beware the kitchen units may need to come out as the inverter lives underneath the fridge (with the battery charger). Other possibility is the leisure batteries are not holding charge, is the fridge etc ok?

Back