Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter

R

Richardhammond

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Will inverter in 2019 cali ocean be capable of charging shark handheld cordless battery vacuum
Thanks in anticipation

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Will inverter in 2019 cali ocean be capable of charging shark handheld cordless battery vacuum
Thanks in anticipation
Have a look at the plug you should have something like this (Dyson handheld) printed on it. 4BD31C9D-1B88-472A-9E8D-6BD988307782.jpeg

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Have a look at the plug you should have something like this (Dyson handheld) printed on it. View attachment 63764
Continuing. The important calculation is Power in Watts = Voltage in Volts x Current in Amps. So the output from mine is 26.1V x 0.78A = 20.4 Watts. This should be the power requirement for charging the device. Yours may be similar. The Ocean inverter is good for 150 Watts.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Continuing. The important calculation is Power in Watts = Voltage in Volts x Current in Amps. So the output from mine is 26.1V x 0.78A = 20.4 Watts. This should be the power requirement for charging the device. Yours may be similar. The Ocean inverter is good for 150 Watts.
I’m afraid that calculation is not correct. You are calculating the Power Output of the plug at 26.1v.

The Dyson plug requires 240v at 0.6amps so 144 watts.
The Inverter socket is rated at 150 watts. So in theory it should work but is on the borderline.

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I’m afraid that calculation is not correct. You are calculating the Power Output of the plug at 26.1v.

The Dyson plug requires 240v at 0.6amps so 144 watts.
The Inverter socket is rated at 150 watts. So in theory it should work but is on the borderline.
Thanks @WelshGas. Always happy to be corrected. If the power drawn from the socket is 144 watts and the delivery to the device or power out is 20 Watts, where does the rest go? If the output is 144 Watts at 26.1 V it will deliver over 5 Amps. That seems excessive.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Thanks @WelshGas. Always happy to be corrected. If the power drawn from the socket is 144 watts and the delivery to the device or power out is 20 Watts, where does the rest go? If the output is 144 Watts at 26.1 V it will deliver over 5 Amps. That seems excessive.
Heat?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Thinking about it as the charger is multi voltage 100 to 240 volts maybe the 0.6 amps is for a 100v circuit making it 60 watts and a lower current at 240 volts to give the same 60 watts power requirement. In which case it should work fine unless it doesn't like the non-pure sine wave output of the California Inverter.

In which case the current required at 240 volts would be 0.25 amps.