Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is Cali insurance too good to be true?

Obviously Insurance is a moving feast!
I am about to insure my Cali (well I'm getting prepared to!) and got a quote from the C&CC and it seems they will not accept NCD years that are not gained on a Campervan. Has anyone else had this as it seems odd to me. Maybe the C&CC are not the best for our Cali's. I did get online quotes from:

How strange, we used my husband NCD from his car with C&CC, not a problem
The Cali is his daily drive.

Have copied a post I did previously (May 2016).

Need insurance for new T6 Ocean 150 PS DSG. It will be my husband car,
So need social,domestic & commuting to place of work. In fact he cycles most days. Mileage no more than 10,000 miles per year. Still both work.
Wanted protected NCD , New for Old & European cover( no need for more than 90 days). Will have VW breakdown cover for 3 years. All quotes included legal cover.

The best quote was camping & caravaning club.

Camping & caravaning club
We are already members( costs £37 online )bringing/ using NCD( no claims discount),New for old "unlimited miles for 12 months included, second year "new for old "replacement of vehicle 10% of premium , third year "new for old" 20% of premium. Cost £270.68
Call advisor Tracy was polite .

Received quote documents today 17 th, unfortunately sent last year documents for a quote for a T5 demo we nearly bought last year . Really confused. Human error. They have reduced the new quote by £12 the policy fee.
Call advisor Hannah has been brilliant sorting out the correct docs.
Cost now £ 258.68 !!!!

Comfort
New for old for 3 yrs or 15,000 which is ever first.
They say the NCD 9+ is protected. Confused by other replies on here,saying not protected. Not worried about 36 hrs rule
Cost £306-11 ( Katie was the most helpful,pleasant of the advisors I spoke too).

Caravan Club
New for old for 24 mths unlimited miles. Protected NCD.
£312.86 + £48 membership joining fee( by direct debit)
Insurance advisor helpfully phoned me back rather than waiting in the phone queue .

Safeguard
With club discount was £400+ ,then reduced when I discussed other quotes to £344.44 .
Difficult to get a word in with this insurance advisor..

Thanks Calimera, great information. The offending NCD text is copied and pasted here:

"How many years no claims bonus do you have available to transfer from a Motorhome insurance policy?"

I will have to clarify with them on Tuesday.