Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it good or bad VW are rushing my order through?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Dear Cali Gurus,

I ordered my Beach which had an October build date but been told "good news" its being made the last week in August.

Now, WLTP rules kick off on Sept 1st so assuming there trying to make my cali (and sure many others) miss this new WLTP emissions test, but is this a good or bad thing?

Legin

Legin

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Good probably. More stringent emission testing seldom has a positive outcome for engine tech and reliability.

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good probably. More stringent emission testing seldom has a positive outcome for engine tech and reliability.
Thats a good point,! Suppose there already maximisng what they can out of the current euro 6 engines.

Elmo3

Elmo3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Got to be good news as you’ll get some use out of it in September, which is one of the best months to use the Cali IMHO.

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Very good news for you. You can't lose can you?
Perhaps with the California having been through what the Marco Polo appears to be going through right now VW are expecting to grab a few more orders from disgruntled Marco fans and have ramped up production?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Very good news for you. You can't lose can you?
Perhaps with the California having been through what the Marco Polo appears to be going through right now VW are expecting to grab a few more orders from disgruntled Marco fans and have ramped up production?
Oooh, whats the goss with MPs then?

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Dear Cali Gurus,

I ordered my Beach which had an October build date but been told "good news" its being made the last week in August.

Now, WLTP rules kick off on Sept 1st so assuming there trying to make my cali (and sure many others) miss this new WLTP emissions test, but is this a good or bad thing?

Have you had a another update on delivery?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Oooh, whats the goss with MPs then?
They've halted registration of new vans due to emission problems, just at vw did earlier this year (spring?).

VW California Club