Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it me?

We tried to order from them earlier in the year but I gave us as the whole process felt totally unprofessional, I think the club shop was considering stocking their products but I have not heard any more on this

It is ridiculous.

Ask one of your children to make the Paypal payment, and give them the cash.

International bank transfer charges are eye-wateringly high. I was charged £9.50 plus another £16.43 from the receiving bank (I managed to get the £16.43 refunded as I hadn't been warned in advance of this charge).

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Well that's not a bad idea. If we can't get it resolved we might give that a try.

At the moment, I still can't understand why a 21st century company doesn't accept card payments and appears to make purchasing their goods as awkward as possible. :rage

Well that's not a bad idea. If we can't get it resolved we might give that a try.

At the moment, I still can't understand why a 21st century company doesn't accept card payments and appears to make purchasing their goods as awkward as possible. :rage

If you are in the Eurozone it is probably simple quick, cheap and low risk. Visa charge the retailer, and will hold the retailer responsible if things go wrong such as misplaced delivery.

Hi @Borris , sorry for the delayed response (was on first ever campervan trip at Sandy Balls with the new Van Essas and had zero mobile coverage).

I called Van Essa and asked a lady called Verena Weigl what to do, it was her that asked me to write PayPal in the comments field. Shortly after that (and emailing them telling them that I’d clicked BUY’), I received a PayPal invoice, via my PayPal account and clicked ‘pay invoice’.

Going slightly off topic, for larger amounts than this, rather than use ripoff banks with horrendous exchange rates (HSBC!) I’ve used a company called FCExchange - I was sceptical at first but their rates were excellent and the system works well: set up the account over the phone and you receive your online log on details.

You then buy your currency over the phone with them and settle the GBP debit by transfer or card by the value date you requested (you can deal forward) then your Euro balance sits on your account until you make your online transfer to a vendor or whoever.

The Co. Is FCA regulated and the funds are held for you in an account in YOUR NAME at Barclays Bank (not F.C. Exchange’s name). I bought my Cali using them.

Probably surplus info in this case but thought I’d mention it.
Stu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Borris , sorry for the delayed response (was on first ever campervan trip at Sandy Balls with the new Van Essas and had zero mobile coverage).

I called Van Essa and asked a lady called Verena Weigl what to do, it was her that asked me to write PayPal in the comments field. Shortly after that (and emailing them telling them that I’d clicked BUY’), I received a PayPal invoice, via my PayPal account and clicked ‘pay invoice’.

Going slightly off topic, for larger amounts than this, rather than use ripoff banks with horrendous exchange rates (HSBC!) I’ve used a company called FCExchange - I was sceptical at first but their rates were excellent and the system works well: set up the account over the phone and you receive your online log on details.

You then buy your currency over the phone with them and settle the GBP debit by transfer or card by the value date you requested (you can deal forward) then your Euro balance sits on your account until you make your online transfer to a vendor or whoever.

The Co. Is FCA regulated and the funds are held for you in an account in YOUR NAME at Barclays Bank (not F.C. Exchange’s name). I bought my Cali using them.

Probably surplus info in this case but thought I’d mention it.
Stu

Hello Stu,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
That all sounds very clever stuff which might come in useful at some point. However, for now I think our problem is that they've sent us a standard invoice, not a PayPal one as requested and nothing has appeared on my wife's PayPal account so far. I'm going to contact them again tomorrow.

I hope you are enjoying your new Beach and the New Forrest. Great vehicle and a great place for a first outing. How are the Van Essas? Are they worth all this hastle?

Thanks again
Paul

Hello Stu,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
That all sounds very clever stuff which might come in useful at some point. However, for now I think our problem is that they've sent us a standard invoice, not a PayPal one as requested and nothing has appeared on my wife's PayPal account so far. I'm going to contact them again tomorrow.

I hope you are enjoying your new Beach and the New Forrest. Great vehicle and a great place for a first outing. How are the Van Essas? Are they worth all this hastle?

Thanks again
Paul

Hi Paul, thanks - 3 days and utterly exhausted (5yr old and 1yr old). I DEFINITELY need lessons in putting up the Vango Galli II and how to put tent pegs into hard gravelly pitches!!

Definitely pursue the Van Essa’s, Verena was very responsive on email ( Info@vanessa-mobilcamping.de). They’re surprisingly roomy and very easy to install. Both Mrs S2bear and I are suitably impressed. I also bought a set of these - they fit the 3 under bench drawers and also come with a shoe bag, can’t knock them for £9.95:
Value Set of 3 Premium Quality Pac...p/B01GFX3Q56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3GckBbMC1MXE8

Good luck with the Van Essa!
Stu

Hi Paul, thanks - 3 days and utterly exhausted (5yr old and 1yr old). I DEFINITELY need lessons in putting up the Vango Galli II and how to put tent pegs into hard gravelly pitches!!

Definitely pursue the Van Essa’s, Verena was very responsive on email ( Info@vanessa-mobilcamping.de). They’re surprisingly roomy and very easy to install. Both Mrs S2bear and I are suitably impressed. I also bought a set of these - they fit the 3 under bench drawers and also come with a shoe bag, can’t knock them for £9.95:
Value Set of 3 Premium Quality Packing Cubes With Extra Strong Rhino Tough Zips - Medium Sized, Deep, Colour-Coded Travel Cubes Plus Free Waterproof Laundry or Shoe Bag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GFX3Q56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3GckBbMC1MXE8

Good luck with the Van Essa!
Stu

Hi Stu,
Hooray!.............At last, I think we've finally sorted it out. Van Essa had sent the wrong invoice for an incorrect amount. A PayPal invoice was received this morning and promptly paid with no apparent problems. Hopefully that will be the end to this saga.

We are looking forward to using the Van Essa bags as it has been rather awkward fishing around in the depths of the boot looking for clean clothes every morning. Mrs B has complained frequently that she cannot get at her clean smalls until I get up and that is always my fault as I pack the van. Twas forever thus!

I cannot open your attachment at the moment. It's probably my over full Ipad that preventing that. So I'll have to imagine the packing cubes for the time being.

You'll soon find it much easier. You need to develop a routine in the confined space of a Cali. IMO it's a good thing that you have a Beach as you have much more space inside to spread out. Have young crew enjoyed it so far?

As for the Vango Galli, we have one of those and again they are easy to put up if you know how. IMO, don't bother with all the faffing around connecting it at this stage. Get it up first and then worry about that aspect. Just position the awning making a rough allowance for where the van will end up when attached.
First position the footprint and peg it down so it is flat and taught. Then dump your awning onto the footprint and unwrap it and orientate it. Remember the the front porch doesn't stand over the footprint. Then peg down the corners to form the finnished awning plan view whilst ensuring it is directly over the footprint. Then pump it up, attach guy lines and adjust. Then you can sort out the attchment to the van although we don't bother as it's not really worth the hastle.
There are some very useful videos on Youtube that are worth watching.

Must go. Haircut time.

I cannot open your attachment at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GFX3Q56/?tag=eliteelect-21

Ended up buying them from eBay tho, as Amazon won't ship these (dangerous items) to Northern Ireland (douche bags!) For some reason, amazon have stopped shipping many items to N.I., not just batteries and booze which were always on the "won't/can't ship list."

My repeat coffee order stopped automatically arriving! However, it did end up saving me some pennies, as it was cheaper to buy from eBay, as it turned out.

Also..... A reminder..... Amazon are douche bags, and treat their staff terribly, and avoid paying UK Tax. I was nudged to shop elsewhere after they stopped shipping to me, but after considering it a bit further, I'm glad to now be shopping elsewhere.

Rant ends.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GFX3Q56/?tag=eliteelect-21

Ended up buying them from eBay tho, as Amazon won't ship these (dangerous items) to Northern Ireland (douche bags!) For some reason, amazon have stopped shipping many items to N.I., not just batteries and booze which were always on the "won't/can't ship list."

My repeat coffee order stopped automatically arriving! However, it did end up saving me some pennies, as it was cheaper to buy from eBay, as it turned out.

Also..... A reminder..... Amazon are douche bags, and treat their staff terribly, and avoid paying UK Tax. I was nudged to shop elsewhere after they stopped shipping to me, but after considering it a bit further, I'm glad to now be shopping elsewhere.

Rant ends.
Now I can see what these bags are like. I can also see how usefull they could be.
Beach storage and for that matter that of the SE/Ocean seems to be for some at least, a forever changing feast. We've had our Beach for over two years and have stream lined our various stowage plans considerably. The Van Essa window bags are the latest improvement. I am now considering the pros and cons of a pull out boot tray so that may be the next improvement in the pipeline. We have different stowage plans depending on the length and nature of the trip and the same equipment is rarely used on every outing. These bags could be a useful improvement.

Now I can see what these bags are like. I can also see how usefull they could be.
Beach storage and for that matter that of the SE/Ocean seems to be for some at least, a forever changing feast. We've had our Beach for over two years and have stream lined our various stowage plans considerably. The Van Essa window bags are the latest improvement. I am now considering the pros and cons of a pull out boot tray so that may be the next improvement in the pipeline. We have different stowage plans depending on the length and nature of the trip and the same equipment is rarely used on every outing. These bags could be a useful improvement.

Things improved vastly for us after we streamlined stowage after 11 weeks in Scandinavia.

My next project is to design and make three plywood crates to sit side by side at the front of the Beach boot, and will be able to remain there with the made up bed. Two child car seats fit neatly under the multiflex.

Our four Muji draws which fit *perfectly* under the multiflex when travelling, either stack in the tent awning or safari room. They contain pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, dry foods, tinned foods, and fruit and veg: they are our kitchen cupboards.

Hi Stu,
Hooray!.............At last, I think we've finally sorted it out. Van Essa had sent the wrong invoice for an incorrect amount. A PayPal invoice was received this morning and promptly paid with no apparent problems. Hopefully that will be the end to this saga.

We are looking forward to using the Van Essa bags as it has been rather awkward fishing around in the depths of the boot looking for clean clothes every morning. Mrs B has complained frequently that she cannot get at her clean smalls until I get up and that is always my fault as I pack the van. Twas forever thus!

I cannot open your attachment at the moment. It's probably my over full Ipad that preventing that. So I'll have to imagine the packing cubes for the time being.

You'll soon find it much easier. You need to develop a routine in the confined space of a Cali. IMO it's a good thing that you have a Beach as you have much more space inside to spread out. Have young crew enjoyed it so far?

As for the Vango Galli, we have one of those and again they are easy to put up if you know how. IMO, don't bother with all the faffing around connecting it at this stage. Get it up first and then worry about that aspect. Just position the awning making a rough allowance for where the van will end up when attached.
First position the footprint and peg it down so it is flat and taught. Then dump your awning onto the footprint and unwrap it and orientate it. Remember the the front porch doesn't stand over the footprint. Then peg down the corners to form the finnished awning plan view whilst ensuring it is directly over the footprint. Then pump it up, attach guy lines and adjust. Then you can sort out the attchment to the van although we don't bother as it's not really worth the hastle.

Must go. Haircut time.

Thanks Paul - I fear any spectators were given a masterclass in how NOT to do it. in fact, there were so many minor disasters, I think it deserves a separate post! Stu

I must admit this thread was like watching the England game the other night but what an ending I admire your determination has I gave up trying to buy the Van Essa Storage bags but now because of you I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel so I can also purchase them......well hopefully :thumb

Things improved vastly for us after we streamlined stowage after 11 weeks in Scandinavia.

My next project is to design and make three plywood crates to sit side by side at the front of the Beach boot, and will be able to remain there with the made up bed. Two child car seats fit neatly under the multiflex.

Our four Muji draws which fit *perfectly* under the multiflex when travelling, either stack in the tent awning or safari room. They contain pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, dry foods, tinned foods, and fruit and veg: they are our kitchen cupboards.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu[/QUO
I can see what you want to achieve with your plywood crates. That area provides good storge but is difficult to get at especially if the downstairs bed is deployed. Have you thought about a pull out tray? One of these chaps is on my wish list. You can access all behind the rear bench with ease.

I can see what you want to achieve with your plywood crates. That area provides good storge but is difficult to get at especially if the downstairs bed is deployed. Have you thought about a pull out tray? One of these chaps is on my wish list. You can access all behind the rear bench with ease.
Our Muji drawers would not fit with a pullout tray and a pullout tray would not use the full width of the boot: it would be restricted to the gap between the multiflex frame support legs.

I don't find it particularly difficult to reach in and pull out bags or boxes from the front of the boot.

Our Muji drawers would not fit with a pullout tray and a pullout tray would not use the full width of the boot: it would be restricted to the gap between the multiflex frame support legs.

I don't find it particularly difficult to reach in and pull out bags or boxes from the front of the boot.

Interesting. You've had plenty of time to consider the storage in your Beach so your viewpoint is very useful.

My reasoning behind the pull out tray idea is that you could easily and instantly get at the items stored immediately behind the bench seat but beneath the multiflex board level. This accessory would become even more useful when the downstairs bed is set up. Just pull out the tray and grab the item you are after, "simples". The alternative in this scenario but without the tray, would be to make up the bed and return the bench seat to the upright position before either reaching over the rear bench to grab the item (not that easy unless you are have arms like an orangutan). Or again making up the bed and then reaching over the multiflex board from the rear door to get it (again not that easy especially if the boot is fully loaded and the VW Comfort mattress is folded up on top of the multiflex). Or finally pulling all the stuff out from under the multiflex to get at the item. All time consuming and annoying especially when you've just put it all back and you hear those dreaded words, "could you get me the so and so as well". :rage

Whilst you would loose a small amount space due to the tray having to fit within the multiflex legs, IMO the ease of access to everything in the boot might just make it worth while. However, I must admit that I haven't yet carried out any research on these trays so reserve the right to change my mind.

For this idea to work for us the tray would have to provide the maximum storage capacity using almost all of the available space when the rear triple bench seat is in the correct position on the floor rails to be made into the downstairs bed. We usually have the bench in this position when touring as it provides maximum storage in the boot whilst at the same time eliminating having to reposition the bench to set up the downstairs bed. In fact on our recent touring trip to Italy we ended up leaving the bed set up all of the time. In our case there's only the two of us, we love to eat outside and for most of the day we were in the front cab seats so it made sense for us and saved a lot of time in the morning and evening.

The obvious disadvantages would be:
1. Cost.
2. Something else to store when not in use. We'd only use it for touring!
3. Our Waeco/Dometic CFX35 fridge might be too tall to fit under the Multiflex.
4. The tray itself would take up some space that would restrict the storage currently available.

IF the research points to it being a good idea then the only remaining questions are, do I buy a ready made one at a zillion€? or do I make a bespoke one to fit my exact specifications?

Interesting. You've had plenty of time to consider the storage in your Beach so your viewpoint is very useful.

My reasoning behind the pull out tray idea is that you could easily and instantly get at the items stored immediately behind the bench seat but beneath the multiflex board level. This accessory would become even more useful when the downstairs bed is set up. Just pull out the tray and grab the item you are after, "simples". The alternative in this scenario but without the tray, would be to make up the bed and return the bench seat to the upright position before either reaching over the rear bench to grab the item (not that easy unless you are have arms like an orangutan). Or again making up the bed and then reaching over the multiflex board from the rear door to get it (again not that easy especially if the boot is fully loaded and the VW Comfort mattress is folded up on top of the multiflex). Or finally pulling all the stuff out from under the multiflex to get at the item. All time consuming and annoying especially when you've just put it all back and you hear those dreaded words, "could you get me the so and so as well". :rage

Whilst you would loose a small amount space due to the tray having to fit within the multiflex legs, IMO the ease of access to everything in the boot might just make it worth while. However, I must admit that I haven't yet carried out any research on these trays so reserve the right to change my mind.

For this idea to work for us the tray would have to provide the maximum storage capacity using almost all of the available space when the rear triple bench seat is in the correct position on the floor rails to be made into the downstairs bed. We usually have the bench in this position when touring as it provides maximum storage in the boot whilst at the same time eliminating having to reposition the bench to set up the downstairs bed. In fact on our recent touring trip to Italy we ended up leaving the bed set up all of the time. In our case there's only the two of us, we love to eat outside and for most of the day we were in the front cab seats so it made sense for us and saved a lot of time in the morning and evening.

The obvious disadvantages would be:
1. Cost.
2. Something else to store when not in use. We'd only use it for touring!
3. Our Waeco/Dometic CFX35 fridge might be too tall to fit under the Multiflex.
4. The tray itself would take up some space that would restrict the storage currently available.

IF the research points to it being a good idea then the only remaining questions are, do I buy a ready made one at a zillion€? or do I make a bespoke one to fit my exact specifications?

During phase II of our journey around Europe our boot below the MF was packed as follows:
1. MF slightly forward of its rearmost position.
2. Bench in position for making the bed with a 1" gap between lowered bench and MF
3. 93 x 55 x 19 Ikea skubb storage case containing summer or winter clothing
4. Fibreglass box containing 2 x 907 gas bottles
5. Two plastic coated cardboard boxes 50 x 40 x 30 on top of the case
6. Skubb shoe boxes above the fibreglass gas box
This made an enormous flat surface all more or less level with the top of the MF
7. Under the MF, fitting perfectly, went the 4 Muji drawers. These really are excellent and I strongly recommend to and 3 seat bench Beach owner.

What I want are five plywood creates to replace items 3, 4, 5 and 6 above.
Three identical crates, following the curving contours of the rear of the bench seat which will fit below the made up bed.
Two crates above the three crates, using the entire width of the boot above the plastic wheel arch trim, each about 70 x 40 x 20. These will take the packing exactly level with the top of the MF pad.

Two small boys could potentially sleep on top of the bed mattress folded in half without having to lower the bench.

To make the lower bed, the top two crates (70 x 40 x 20 approx) only need to be removed, and would slide under the van to be accessible.

The Muji drawers are fully accessible from the boot, but they do stack as four either in a driveaway awning or safari room.

With the Muji drawers in the boot the three crates are inaccessible. However, in all but exceptional circumstances, the Muji drawers will be stacked outside the van and two child seats under the MF. It is then trivial to remove the child seats to access the 3 crates.

What I suggest you do before committing to £££s for a pull out boot drawer is look at Muji drawers and decide if they would work for you in/out of your van, then, if they would work, look at how you might use the space behind the bench and if front of the MF.

efce43d99b1aba4e99162c04b8093f92.jpg

During phase II of our journey around Europe our boot below the MF was packed as follows:
1. MF slightly forward of its rearmost position.
2. Bench in position for making the bed with a 1" gap between lowered bench and MF
3. 93 x 55 x 19 Ikea skubb storage case containing summer or winter clothing
4. Fibreglass box containing 2 x 907 gas bottles
5. Two plastic coated cardboard boxes 50 x 40 x 30 on top of the case
6. Skubb shoe boxes above the fibreglass gas box
This made an enormous flat surface all more or less level with the top of the MF
7. Under the MF, fitting perfectly, went the 4 Muji drawers. These really are excellent and I strongly recommend to and 3 seat bench Beach owner.

What I want are five plywood creates to replace items 3, 4, 5 and 6 above.
Three identical crates, following the curving contours of the rear of the bench seat which will fit below the made up bed.
Two crates above the three crates, using the entire width of the boot above the plastic wheel arch trim, each about 70 x 40 x 20. These will take the packing exactly level with the top of the MF pad.

Two small boys could potentially sleep on top of the bed mattress folded in half without having to lower the bench.

To make the lower bed, the top two crates (70 x 40 x 20 approx) only need to be removed, and would slide under the van to be accessible.

The Muji drawers are fully accessible from the boot, but they do stack as four either in a driveaway awning or safari room.

With the Muji drawers in the boot the three crates are inaccessible. However, in all but exceptional circumstances, the Muji drawers will be stacked outside the van and two child seats under the MF. It is then trivial to remove the child seats to access the 3 crates.

What I suggest you do before committing to £££s for a pull out boot drawer is look at Muji drawers and decide if they would work for you in/out of your van, then, if they would work, look at how you might use the space behind the bench and if front of the MF.

efce43d99b1aba4e99162c04b8093f92.jpg

Very interesting Tom, you've given me much food for thought. It is always good to see how other people have tackled their storage issues in a Beach. That's what I love about this vehicle, its versatility! Everyone does it differently.
If I do end up going down the slide out drawer route I will almost certainly design and construct my own to suit our specific needs. It should also end up costing me less as well.

I made my own slide out drawers. It makes life much easier even when shopping since our rear bench is always in sleep position lenghtwise. Trying to get items from the boot that are 1m in is quite a hassle.
I recommend Bau ich mer selbst instructions for the drawers.

I made my own slide out drawers. It makes life much easier even when shopping since our rear bench is always in sleep position lenghtwise. Trying to get items from the boot that are 1m in is quite a hassle.
I recommend Bau ich mer selbst instructions for the drawers.
Thanks Kave,
The one that I've seen that appears to be both well designed and not too outrageously priced appears to be quite short at around 822mm in length, front to back.
image.png
I haven't got the Multiflex in the van at the moment but when I next install it I'II carry out some tests. I would like the tray to go from the rear of the triple bench to the rear door with only very small gaps at front and back for tolerance. There would be no point in fitting a tray if I still can't reach everything right at the back behind the bench seat. Since I will need the tray mainly for touring and camping trips only, when I would have the rear bench positioned so it could be dropped down forming the bed with the multiflex, the above mentioned tray probably wouldn't be long enough. I don't know without looking but I imagine that the tray would need to be quite a bit longer than 822mm. Making my own tray to suit might not be technically possible although at the moment I cannot see why it wouldn't be. A longer tray would mean greater stresses on the slider mechanisms and floor mountings when fully extended. The main issue would be selecting the appropriate length slider mechanisms. I like the way the above mentioned design uses the Multiflex to secure the tray slider assemblies to the floor rails. If a bespoke tray were to be longer then it might be necessary to include an extra fixing near to the rear of the bench seat. How long did you make your tray?
I will also study the instructions from Bau ich mer selbst as recomended, before deciding on the finished design.

Last edited:
I imagine that the tray would need to be quite a bit longer than 822mm.
I think you could fit a tray up to 1150 deep, depending on your tolerance for gaps between MF and tailgate, and between lowered bench and MF.

Our gas box:
http://www.whayward.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=592
Is 325 high and fits snugly under the made up bed. Its depth is 460 and it fits in front of the MF frame.

The boot width at floor level is 1220, and the width between the MF frame legs is 1080.

21 litres of lost capacity behind the MF if you use a sliding tray, not including the height of the tray which would be 5 litres if the tray height is 10mm.

Estimated capacity between MF and bench below bed: 182 Litres
Estimated capacity as above but using a tray: 156 Litres.

I think you could fit a tray up to 1150 deep, depending on your tolerance for gaps between MF and tailgate, and between lowered bench and MF.

Our gas box:
http://www.whayward.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=592
Is 325 high and fits snugly under the made up bed. Its depth is 460 and it fits in front of the MF frame.

The boot width at floor level is 1220, and the width between the MF frame legs is 1080.

21 litres of lost capacity behind the MF if you use a sliding tray, not including the height of the tray which would be 5 litres if the tray height is 10mm.

Estimated capacity between MF and bench below bed: 182 Litres
Estimated capacity as above but using a tray: 156 Litres.

Crikey Tom,
That's very precise and interesting. If your calculations are correct, I would lose quite a lot of space by fitting a tray. I'm going to have to weigh this up very carefully before deciding which way to go. There's always a compromise involved and here its loss of storage capacity in order to improve access. As there would only be the two of us using the vehicle when the tray is fitted the reduced storage and better access for us less flexible oldies might be a price worth paying. We don't have any major issues getting to stuff at present but we're not getting any younger. We shall see!

Crikey Tom,
That's very precise and interesting. If your calculations are correct, I would lose quite a lot of space by fitting a tray. I'm going to have to weigh this up very carefully before deciding which way to go. There's always a compromise involved and here its loss of storage capacity in order to improve access. As there would only be the two of us using the vehicle when the tray is fitted the reduced storage and better access for us less flexible oldies might be a price worth paying. We don't have any major issues getting to stuff at present but we're not getting any younger. We shall see!
I've just been cleaning some of the accumulated detritus from the boot.

Here are some photos with the gas box alone in the boot.

6d20948576de69f7331177c16a80b701.jpg

c585b612d8e94fd8488f9a5f197a92b6.jpg

459da45db3418688e29ff443a107f070.jpg

And the small gap between MF and lowered bench.
b42711bb4743ee0b187b12b1e0ded2ce.jpg

Pretty much the only thing under the MF when camping are 2 x child seats so a pull out tray wouldn't work so well for us. Whipping out the seats and pulling out a box to retrieve wet suits or wellies or the Cadac or whatever is dead easy.

The Beach works well for people in so many different ways. I can certainly see the advantages of a tray but the loss of capacity for us is another deal breaker.

I've just been cleaning some of the accumulated detritus from the boot.

Here are some photos with the gas box alone in the boot.

6d20948576de69f7331177c16a80b701.jpg

c585b612d8e94fd8488f9a5f197a92b6.jpg

459da45db3418688e29ff443a107f070.jpg

And the small gap between MF and lowered bench.
b42711bb4743ee0b187b12b1e0ded2ce.jpg

Pretty much the only thing under the MF when camping are 2 x child seats so a pull out tray wouldn't work so well for us. Whipping out the seats and pulling out a box to retrieve wet suits or wellies or the Cadac or whatever is dead easy.

The Beach works well for people in so many different ways. I can certainly see the advantages of a tray but the loss of capacity for us is another deal breaker.

Thanks for taking the photos. Every little bit of information, like your snaps are helpful in forming a conclusion.

Hi Stu,

Must go. Haircut time.
UPDATE: Having eventually received the correct PayPal invoice on Tuesday we paid the invoice at 10.56am. The Van Essa window bags turned up this morning, two days later. You can't beat that for a quick service!
They are an excellent fit and are very well made. We just need to go somewhere now to test them out.

UPDATE: Having eventually received the correct PayPal invoice on Tuesday we paid the invoice at 10.56am. The Van Essa window bags turned up this morning, two days later. You can't beat that for a quick service!
They are an excellent fit and are very well made. We just need to go somewhere now to test them out.
Excellent News!!

Will try again for the bags that fit in the bench drawers here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GFX3Q56/?tag=eliteelect-21

Back