• Thread starter jonclareVWGrand
  • Start date
J

jonclareVWGrand

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi All

After ordering my GC 680 4Motion in April 2022 I’ve just had an email asking me to download WeConnect to sync my new van. The email says to wait for further details from the dealer.

I think this means its nearly here? How long did others have to wait to collect their van after this email? We’ve got a van holiday planned for 28 April so its going to be tight……. The dealer did tell us it went into build at the start of Feb, but as of the start of this week it was still showing as ‘in build’ on the VW system.

Fingers crossed….

Sadly ? I got same mailing list email today too.. 4motion 680 ordered August 2022.
after some initial excitement, i don’t think it means van is on its way.
it was more than a bit cruel starting with “Sync your new California with your phone” on email subject
what new California !

How did you check build progress ?
great to hear it had gone into build in feb, I had thought there was a 6month pause on 4motions from December

How did you check build progress ?
great to hear it had gone into build in feb, I had thought there was a 6month pause on 4motions from December
The dealer is able to check on the VW system. In early Jan it had an ‘unconfirmed build week’ in February, which turned out to be accurate as it started build mid Feb. Dealer said it is normally 6-8 weeks from that point until pickup - we’re at the end of week 7 at the moment.

Jon

Hi All

After ordering my GC 680 4Motion in April 2022 I’ve just had an email asking me to download WeConnect to sync my new van. The email says to wait for further details from the dealer.

I think this means its nearly here? How long did others have to wait to collect their van after this email? We’ve got a van holiday planned for 28 April so its going to be tight……. The dealer did tell us it went into build at the start of Feb, but as of the start of this week it was still showing as ‘in build’ on the VW system.

Fingers crossed
Congratulate to welcome 680 4m party time, you are much to do looking forward!.

I am 680 4m and can be recommend now for you - make service appointment today you vw servicie center fixing many little troubles before comes you holiday.

I am hope for you Vw is fix such troubles now is this car they make little while.

Cooler cabinet door - is metal pin will collapse and is then you cannot open cooler - it becomes locked close position.

Roof inside tent material warm weather - Vw make incorrection variant glue and is inside you roof fall down.

When is collect you camper- water system full functional you must checking this - 2 x tap - especial kitchen the tap - you must be mirror color tap ( model this has revision fix troubles ) and not dull color or is big water troubles can comes, pumping middle night begins and is not toilet and sink - shower function for you.
If is small dull tap - you must tell Vw service center change for mirror color tap.

Automatic drive - reassuring you it is rest no1 each time stop before move again. My not do this and is camper not move when is traffic robot show green. Automatic is very old toyota unit and is make GC very great thirst when is drive town - highway is ok.

Vw is recall letter send roof window troubles - ask you selling shop this is check before you are take home.

Truma heating can make switch off self night time - is not cure Vw, only you remove cable wall control and make youself knees and hands floor operate heater little door under eating chair - is dorect connect boiler and you are desire warm in night time - must controlling heating this control and not wall control.

raining days you can be waterfall front door handles - you service center must be remove back red light and camera and make new variant seal - when is raining -keep towel you legs when is driving and not legs becomes wet - rainwater is travels back roof to front handles and make you surprise inside shower!.

Electric stepping is automatic to self and not to you - better is buy plastic step Aldi 10 euro and keeping automatic step lock inside - is inconevenient troubles for you when you are desire driving and is step not go home!.

When is you are fixing this little troubles is a wonderbar holiday machine.

we are all must be hope is not motor same troubles than california 180 not so long time ago they require new motor. Our 680 motor 177 very near design than bad 180 motor.

My most important recommend to you - you are must buying extend factory Vw warranty make 5 year - is much this camper can and is really becomes kaput and you will be you star hand and knee thank that you are buy this warranty.

The dealer is able to check on the VW system. In early Jan it had an ‘unconfirmed build week’ in February, which turned out to be accurate as it started build mid Feb. Dealer said it is normally 6-8 weeks from that point until pickup - we’re at the end of week 7 at the moment.

Jon
Actually that email we got about we connect app might mean something afterall, just got an email this afternoon from volkswagen commercial vehicles - an update on my order, saying build in progress to my exact specification :). Not heard anything from eurovans crawley dealer directly though.
but some like it’s being built

Enjoy your GC’s they are great. Good to hear the 4 mo’s are coming through.

Actually that email we got about we connect app might mean something afterall, just got an email this afternoon from volkswagen commercial vehicles - an update on my order, saying build in progress to my exact specification :). Not heard anything from eurovans crawley dealer directly though.
but some like it’s being built
I’ve only got the first email you mentioned - sync your new california with your phone

Mine is Eurovans Crawley too. I’ve had to contact them for the info.

I’ve only got the first email you mentioned - sync your new california with your phone

Mine is Eurovans Crawley too. I’ve had to contact them for the info.
I will drop Mike an email on tuesday (after bank hol weekend I don’t get in Scotland :( ) to confirm the update . I’d convinced myself I wouldn’t get van until autumn at earliest or 2024, so a bonus update

Fellow GC680 4m owner here… we had the kitchen tap issue (now replaced) and the step needs a bit of regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Did have a weird battery issue, but been perfect since.

Drives amazingly well and I dont consider the fuel consumption to be too bad. Fridge is a bit over eager sometimes, but I bought a Bluetooth thermometer and keep an eye on it. Heating, lighting, storage (I recommend installing shelves in the cupboards) all work well. Wifi is better than expected. Duvalay mattress topper was a good investment too.

maybe I’ve been lucky. Or maybe I’ve not been as unlucky as others. But I think it’s a fabulous piece of kit. I hope your experience is the same as, or better than, mine.

The mail is auto sent after your vehicle comes off the production line and is in the port awaiting shipment. Usually means your vehicle is 2 - 4 weeks away. The dealer has to deliver in 10 days once it hits UK soil.

The mail is auto sent after your vehicle comes off the production line and is in the port awaiting shipment. Usually means your vehicle is 2 - 4 weeks away. The dealer has to deliver in 10 days once it hits UK soil.
Wow hope so

Didn’t see this similar discussion recently about same sync email

You can also track the ship it’s loaded on. If being delivered around the southern part of the U.K. it arrives in Sheerness on the Malacca Highway. Up north I’m not sure think possibly Newcastle. Then no more than 10 days after the ship has offloaded your GC.
HAPPY DAYS.

Jon
@jonclareVWGrand did you get any updates from dealer. Hope we get our vans soon and spec we ordered

@jonclareVWGrand did you get any updates from dealer. Hope we get our vans soon and spec we ordered
Just got an update today - van has arrived in the UK so should be able to collect end of next week.

I’m not expecting a problem with options - only issue we had was with ordering folding wing mirrors - wanted them on their own but had to package with other things which made them more expensive. Then model year changed and they got bundled with even more stuff we didn’t want and it was going to cost over a grand to get them so abandoned that plan and will have to do it manually.

Good news, guess ours was sitting next to yours on ship since we got app welcome email on same day :) - not had any update from eurovans dealer or vw today though.

shame about the mirrors option for you.

Are you ready make appointment service center fixing little troubles you will be find? Is now software new help electric stair operate - may it be you sale center can be apply time before you are collection.

May new software we must all be hope is better than is old 50 / 50 software step operate or not!

I am permanent perfect hard ware fixing - i am Aldi buy €10 plastic fold step - is perfect and relaible 100%!.

Are you ready make appointment service center fixing little troubles you will be find? Is now software new help electric stair operate - may it be you sale center can be apply time before you are collection.

May new software we must all be hope is better than is old 50 / 50 software step operate or not!

I am permanent perfect hard ware fixing - i am Aldi buy €10 plastic fold step - is perfect and relaible 100%!.
Right on cue, here's the cold water from @Holidaymaker

;-)

Hope you both enjoy your new GC's.We have had no real issue's with our 600 although still early days and never forget you mainly hear about problems on the forum's and not the great times had in a great vehicle.My only advice would be don't jump to the conclusion that you have a fault immediatly there is a lot to get used to after a previous camper or vehicle.
We love ours!

Hope you both enjoy your new GC's.We have had no real issue's with our 600 although still early days and never forget you mainly hear about problems on the forum's and not the great times had in a great vehicle.My only advice would be don't jump to the conclusion that you have a fault immediatly there is a lot to get used to after a previous camper or vehicle.
We love ours!
We’re both pretty practical and I’ve spent loads of time reading this forum over the last year so hopefully we’ll be able to self-fix any early niggles as we get to know the van.

I suppose its time to say a big THANKYOU to all the posters on this forum for helping us learn, and hopefully we can start to return the favour to others.