Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a misprint or a bargain?

it's back again then... dodgy scam, lots of them on the 'trader. Cough up £5K to a geezer via some payment system and lose it, not doubt via Nigeria. Reported.

Seb

These were my thought also :thumb :thumb seen it come up a lot on the t4/ t5 forum. Dodgy nigerian :censor

Re: Is this a misprint, scam or a bargain?

I used to see these ads all the time when I was looking for a car a few years ago, you would of thought Auto Trader would of found a way of banning these ads. I emailed the chap last night as a test and here is the reply ...

Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2006 VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA 174 SE 2.5 CAMPER! Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Portimao, Portugal (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in your name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is £5,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in Portugal is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Portugal.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the deal will be manage by a well known company,in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you!

Sounds good i might be interested in that :rofl

It could be genuine - well sort of...

What he doesn't mention is how long it has been out of the UK. If it has been out of the coutry for more than (9 months?) it is considered as a permanent export and this brings all sorts of potential issues (including a possible 5k fine and payment of all back road tax). A bit of a mine field.

A friend recently committed to buy a T4 4x4 from Portugal in a slightly drunken evening of ebay madness. It turned out to be completely pukka although it broke down in the Pyrennese and came home on the back of a truck (which was probably for the best!)

Back