Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a moo valve a-mooing?

steve_b

steve_b

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi.

I wonder if someone knowledgeable could listen to this please - it's about 2 seconds of the engine running (2.5 BNZ engine on 2008 Cali SE) and then a loud moo-ish noise decaying over 5 or so seconds after the engine is turned off.

I am aware of the existence of a "Moo valve" (N75) but not a lot more - is someone able to please confirm if this is indeed the likely cause. And if so, is it best to get it changed preemptively or can it be left?

(sorry, you need the sound up loud)

Thanks

Steve

sounds like it to me. i had a mooing T5. replaced the part and it stopped. it's located just behind the dash at the top in the engine bay. Many just replace the tubes, not the valve, which is a bit cheaper and often does the trick.

sounds like it to me. i had a mooing T5. replaced the part and it stopped. it's located just behind the dash at the top in the engine bay. Many just replace the tubes, not the valve, which is a bit cheaper and often does the trick.
Looking at your vehicle status, you just replaced the whole T5 to a T6?

Not had this problem before. Will try to keep that cow out of my engine bay for as long as I can.

Yes sounds similar to how mine sounded last year.
I had it swopped out under my RAC warranty, but it seemed a fairly easy job.
Reading other T5 forums many people have done many miles with them like this though with no ill effects.
I was pleased to have the noise gone though, good luck.

Thanks all, appreciated

I did some research before and it seemed easy although plenty of comments that the view was that the replacement pipes did the job rather than the valve itself. I shall scope it out for a (non)rainy day - I know where the valve is but don't know where the pipes go or how hard the others ends of them are to access :)