Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this the most expensive Cali ever!

Post some pics when you pick up your new one. I’m sure many of us would love to see it.

I've said it elsewhere, it will be interesting to see what happens to prices when people can fly again and lots of vans motorhomes and caravans come on the market also we haven't yet felt the real impact of shutting the economy down for nearly a year.

Will do, hoping to get Shaun abusandbeyond to YouTube review it too.
Maybe I should get some shares in westfalia ;)

I would like to see that review, always liked the look of the Joker, just very rare to find. Is your new one based on a T6.1? Not seen any pics of one based on T6.1 yet.

Are Shaun and Lizzie on this forum? Love their videos. And my daughter is a big Bentley fan

That’s a good idea.
I don’t always agree with them their opinions on vans, but they’ve built a really slick little channel. They seem to have a half decent following now.

I've said it elsewhere, it will be interesting to see what happens to prices when people can fly again and lots of vans motorhomes and caravans come on the market also we haven't yet felt the real impact of shutting the economy down for nearly a year.
Having bought my 1st Cali I am rather hoping that residuals remain as strong as they were pre Covid, I should think that the many newbies like me will be looking to tour the UK and Europe for years to come and not just jump straight back on a plane or cruise ship, but as you say it will be interesting to see what happens. I think furlough & grants etc has protected many and the pay back will be over the next 50 years or so. Hopefully we will see a V shape recovery and we see a roaring 20's much like 100 years ago after the Spanish Flu. I for one will be making the most of the van for the next 5 years and will re access what I want from life then.

Yes but they don’t post things on here much these days.
They have started doing new YouTube reviews, think they had a break due to baby.
Would be nice if they did post stuff on here again.

I would like to see that review, always liked the look of the Joker, just very rare to find. Is your new one based on a T6.1? Not seen any pics of one based on T6.1 yet.
Yep T6.1 4motion long wheel base, doesn’t have fancy cockpit display like new cali.
At first that put me off, but realised I like a camper to be a camper and don’t want all the flash controls.
I loved my old 110 defender simple and that’s what I liked about the old cali and joker (that suits me and my life style).

Yep T6.1 4motion long wheel base, doesn’t have fancy cockpit display like new cali.
At first that put me off, but realised I like a camper to be a camper and don’t want all the flash controls.
I loved my old 110 defender simple and that’s what I liked about the old cali and joker (that suits me and my life style).
Sounds great. LWB nearly took me down the conversion route myself. Fingers crossed ABAB will review it I’d love to see it.
When do you take delivery?

Update due after Easter. So will see, but imagine it will be delayed.
Let’s hope it’s not delayed so you can enjoy the summer in your new van.

Any news on your 680 then? Not long to go until we can escape!
Well, landed Sheerness last Friday, and delivery to Breeze Poole this Tuesday. Hopefully handover Friday, Saturday. Then prep it for our Scottish isles trip, ie detailing and Gaslow installation.

Have nothing but positive things to say about Breeze Poole including Tom and the guys behind the Scenes who manage to always perform.
This is my 3rd Cali from them. Tom has always kept me updated.

Well if I had not chosen the GC I would have gone for the Sven Hedin.
Really hope yours comes off sooner than expected.

I’ve always had good service from Derek at breeze (totton).
Glad you’ve nearly got it, did you source any wheels? The chap on here with the Sven has some nice ones.
The sven may of been my next van, if they still done 4motion. Has a great winter setup, underfloor heating and heated tanks.

Im in no major rush as it’s pretty much same van.

As for price, I’ve gone for a fairly high spec 4x4 I guess 204 day, and came close to 80k before discount

I’ve always had good service from Derek at breeze (totton).
Glad you’ve nearly got it, did you source any wheels? The chap on here with the Sven has some nice ones.
The sven may of been my next van, if they still done 4motion. Has a great winter setup, underfloor heating and heated tanks.

Im in no major rush as it’s pretty much same van.
No wheels as yet not sure about the Svens axel weights but really not many options for the GC 680. Think I’ll wait for a bit and get leather seats first.
I love the idea of underfloor heating. + heated tanks.

So I see on autotrader someone trying to sell a brand new cali 4motion has just dropped it by £5k now was on for £80k I guess they are starting to panic that they may get stuck with it.
This has nothing to do with me, does remind me of ticket touts
D975B6B4-D61D-49FB-99C3-BD2240737CB6.png

So I see on autotrader someone trying to sell a brand new cali 4motion has just dropped it by £5k now was on for £80k I guess they are starting to panic that they may get stuck with it.
View attachment 78423
I have noticed that a lot of the Californias on Autotrader have been there for quite a few weeks. Perhaps the market is already turning...

I have noticed that a lot of the Californias on Autotrader have been there for quite a few weeks. Perhaps the market is already turning...
Probably more likely that they have already sold, and the trader is hoping to get more stock so saves paying for another Ad.

When we bought our van off a forum classifieds , most were already Sold but not updated.

Probably more likely that they have already sold, and the trader is hoping to get more stock so saves paying for another Ad.

When we bought our van off a forum classifieds , most were already Sold but not updated.
That one is a private seller(or non vw dealer) trying to spin a new van for big gains.
I know vw can be a pain but I would still want a brand new van from them. Guess that’s why they haven’t sold it and dropped £5k

Greedy scalpers. It's the same every time somethings hard to get.

Back