Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this the most expensive Cali ever!

4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
So there’s someone spinning a new beach on autotrader now too. That’s dropped by £4K, was on at £68k!
That and the new 4motion aren’t selling so I guess people aren’t willing to pay crazy prices!3F35F83F-C01C-467F-ADD5-4BE8629397C7.png

P

pcevanrulo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
People will pay that! The Calis are available now and waiting another year or so and an upcoming price-increase makes a decision for '2nd hand' much easier.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Looks expensive when you can get a preregistered ocean with 9 miles on the clock for £68k from Liverpool

This time last year I would have said the ocean was at a rip off price.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The sad fact is, this is probably my last California.
I just can’t see myself parting with silly money for a van with a kitchen…

Guess it will be back to the self builds once I finally need to change.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The sad fact is, this is probably my last California.
I just can’t see myself parting with silly money for a van with a kitchen…

Guess it will be back to the self builds once I finally need to change.

When a California reaches £86,000 it will cost *exactly* the same as lifetime limit on social care costs.

Social care cost the previous generation their homes. It will cost us our home on wheels.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Or just keep it forever. It won't cost you too much
in the long run.

Perhaps we’re at tipping point. Where fixing and maintaining has become cheaper than replacement.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
When a California reaches £86,000 it will cost *exactly* the same as lifetime limit on social care costs.

Social care cost the previous generation their homes. It will cost us our home on wheels.

Homes bought, for on average £3k.

4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Every time I’ve changed my vehicle I’ve looked at what the difference is between vam and tell myself that’s all it is.
First camper (work van I turned into camper) sold for £14k, then cali £26k (£12k to change)sold for £25k, next cali was £45k (£20k to change), sold for £44k then bought 2nd hand joker, when I sell joker I will finally have my first brand new van (well if it ever turns up).
I think next spring/summer we may see £100k cali ocean:talktothehand GC has hit that

vmaxkiddy

vmaxkiddy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180

The £86,000 cap only covers the care costs. The bed and board elements are not covered, so you’ll still need the Cali to sleep and eat in.

N

NessL

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Every time I’ve changed my vehicle I’ve looked at what the difference is between vam and tell myself that’s all it is.
First camper (work van I turned into camper) sold for £14k, then cali £26k (£12k to change)sold for £25k, next cali was £45k (£20k to change), sold for £44k then bought 2nd hand joker, when I sell joker I will finally have my first brand new van (well if it ever turns up).
I think next spring/summer we may see £100k cali ocean:talktothehand GC has hit that
You should then divide by the annual cost. When did you buy your first van?

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The £86,000 cap only covers the care costs. The bed and board elements are not covered, so you’ll still need the Cali to sleep and eat in.

It does appear that the generation which had university fees paid, and living expenses subsidised by their previous generation, are now going to have their care costs borne by their successor generation.

It’s good news for me.

VW California Club