Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this the most expensive Cali ever!

A friend of mine works at MAN. She's got a reasonably responsible job and they get a really good lease rate for cars from the VW group. I was suprised when she said that she could get a California on this deal. I can see that this could appeal to a few people in that position, but when she leases a car, the deal is only for 6 months (if she was one grade higher, it would be 3 months). She doesn't always get an exact choice of spec or colour, and I guess in the current situation they might offer other vehicles, but if there's any number of low mileage 6 month old Calis coming back in to the system, I'd expect them to get snapped up.

A friend of mine works at MAN. She's got a reasonably responsible job and they get a really good lease rate for cars from the VW group. I was suprised when she said that she could get a California on this deal. I can see that this could appeal to a few people in that position, but when she leases a car, the deal is only for 6 months (if she was one grade higher, it would be 3 months). She doesn't always get an exact choice of spec or colour, and I guess in the current situation they might offer other vehicles, but if there's any number of low mileage 6 month old Calis coming back in to the system, I'd expect them to get snapped up.
I have a friend who works for Bentley and they have the exact same set up. The scheme is heavily subsidised and you can get a nice spec Golf for just over a couple of hundred quid a month. The Cali is listed at 500 quid a month with no confirmed collection date. At least that's what they told me.

I recently had an email from the dealer I bought mine from, offering to buy it off me, saying: "we have been paying over market value for the right vehicle". It looks like dealers are getting desperate to get their hand on stock even if it is "pre-owned." It is looking good for future second hand values... The right price is what people are prepared to pay for it!

Bubbles always burst, leaving others with soapy faces !
Still a nice profit.
Unpleasant to think you can put £1000 down (refundable), wait 12 months and sell it for £5000 profit but that’s the consequence of the discount.
Who can be arsed?

Still a nice profit.
Unpleasant to think you can put £1000 down (refundable), wait 12 months and sell it for £5000 profit but that’s the consequence of the discount.
Who can be arsed?
Only if it sells, like I said he’s just dropped it by £5k so must be getting nervous

I've had emails from Dealers this week asking if I wanted to sell my Cali.

I've had emails from Dealers this week asking if I wanted to sell my Cali.
I get them all the time from VW too, they probably don’t even know what a joker is.
They want foot fall to sell brand new orders, got to hit them sales for the bonuses!

So there’s someone spinning a new beach on autotrader now too. That’s dropped by £4K, was on at £68k!
That and the new 4motion aren’t selling so I guess people aren’t willing to pay crazy prices!3F35F83F-C01C-467F-ADD5-4BE8629397C7.png

People will pay that! The Calis are available now and waiting another year or so and an upcoming price-increase makes a decision for '2nd hand' much easier.

Looks expensive when you can get a preregistered ocean with 9 miles on the clock for £68k from Liverpool

This time last year I would have said the ocean was at a rip off price.

The sad fact is, this is probably my last California.
I just can’t see myself parting with silly money for a van with a kitchen…

Guess it will be back to the self builds once I finally need to change.

The sad fact is, this is probably my last California.
I just can’t see myself parting with silly money for a van with a kitchen…

Guess it will be back to the self builds once I finally need to change.

When a California reaches £86,000 it will cost *exactly* the same as lifetime limit on social care costs.

Social care cost the previous generation their homes. It will cost us our home on wheels.

Or just keep it forever. It won't cost you too much
in the long run.

Perhaps we’re at tipping point. Where fixing and maintaining has become cheaper than replacement.

Back