Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

IS THIS WHAT THE G/C SHOULD OF BEEN

Good one but my choice would be... RP.

1. Build quality is the best among conversion, up to the Westfalia
2. High top with a garage door

Best option for 2 person but question us at the price over 150K.. :-(
Thought Grand Cali is good value to this.

DSC03874.jpeg
DSC03873.jpeg

RP Motorhomes - The Rebellion

Good one but my choice would be... RP.

1. Build quality is the best among conversion, up to the Westfalia
2. High top with a garage door

Best option for 2 person but question us at the price over 150K.. :-(
Thought Grand Cali is good value to this.

View attachment 89659
View attachment 89660

RP Motorhomes - The Rebellion
The guy said the prices start at £90K up to £120k. So the base model is comparable to a VW GC. Don’t know where the £30k difference is but it certainly looks like a superb Campervan. And yes I would pick this over the GC but would worry about the future if anything went wrong as long as the company remained in business.

Tailgate isn’t on the cheaper models either.
Great van I was very excited when I watched video then saw the price! 465E264F-E018-4C1C-873D-FFC530C68162.png

Good afternoon,

Those Norantz campers look very nice. But the RP Rebellion is something else....

While I was looking at the specifications and photos I seems to me that they use the same sink/cooker unit as in the Grand California. That begs the question if they also have so many problems with water in the tap.... ?

Regards
Eberhard

Soulstyledevon.
Oh no, just when I thought I'd found my Ideal van!
Will work on the Norantz configurator tonight.
Looks seriously cool!
Have a feeling I'm going to need a lucky lottery ticket.

The Norantz looks good inside too. I’m not sure they have a UK dealer. I read elsewhere, if you drop them a van, they will work to your spec…

I’m on the fence about pop tops at this size.
Sure I see the benefits and really like the idea of a MWB MAN van. However, once you go above, plus 2m. Would a fixed roof make more sense…?

Thoughts…?

Soulstyledevon.
Oh no, just when I thought I'd found my Ideal van!
Will work on the Norantz configurator tonight.
Looks seriously cool!
Have a feeling I'm going to need a lucky lottery ticket.

Fancy a syndicate ;)

The Norantz looks good inside too. I’m not sure they have a UK dealer. I read elsewhere, if you drop them a van, they will work to your spec…

I’m on the fence about pop tops at this size.
Sure I see the benefits and really like the idea of a MWB MAN van. However, once you go above, plus 2m. Would a fixed roof make more sense…?

Thoughts…?
Love my fixed roof and pull out bed, only 2.8m and when I’m driving it feels like a cali (apart from windy motorways).
I guess a pop top on a bigger van is only handy if you have kids too

Tailgate isn’t on the cheaper models either.
Great van I was very excited when I watched video then saw the price!

RP is 7 year old company and located in Leeds.
As we are thinking of year-long touring in coming years, RP could be the one of possibilities.
TBD.
Build leading time is currently 18 months.
If Order now, might get before 2025... ;-)

RP is 7 year old company and located in Leeds.
As we are thinking of year-long touring in coming years, RP could be the one of possibilities.
TBD.
Build leading time is currently 18 months.
If Order now, might get before 2025... ;-)
They have won a few awards too, look very good.

If I was ordering today I would definitely have a chat with them and see if they can fit that rear tailgate onto a 6m sprinter.

One thing I love about calis and my joker is the tailgate always shelter under it to clean dog and get out of wet gear.

My new joker is at 20mths so dread to think the lead times on one of ordered today. I do wonder if they are limited by VW on how many they are allowed to build each year (seems to be very few), where as there other models seem to be more of and built a lot quicker.

Here is some ref. The elevating roof with a garage door is the one to go for.

Last edited:
Still too small when it’s raining…. Too big for country lanes and small city streets… Shower is too small for normal people… An inside loo IS tempting though (but still too much hassle overall when you take into consideration the faff of emptying it in comparison to nipping behind a hedge).

Still too small when it’s raining…. Too big for country lanes and small city streets… Shower is too small for normal people… An inside loo IS tempting though (but still too much hassle overall when you take into consideration the faff of emptying it in comparison to nipping behind a hedge).
Nipping behind a hedge at 2.30 in the morning when it’s wazzing down with rain is not a lot of fun either that’s if there is a hedge close by..Easier to buy a porta potti. Isn’t that what having a Camper van is all about?

RP certainly a quality vehicle, not keen on the rear tailgate.
You will need a long pitch to park up in, expensive to repair especially if made of plastic and overly complicated compared to standard doors.
How much does this option cost?
For that kind of money, if sleeping four I would much prefer a high top with drop down bed.
Present arrangement looks like an after thought to expand the model range.

I don’t see the point of a pop top unless it’s to enable you to limbo under height barriers.

It makes sense on a coast/ ocean but once you’ve gone over the 2m mark whether it’s 2.5 or 3m makes naff all difference. So why compromise with a cold draughty pop top when you can have a warm snug hardtop.

Depends how you use your van, poptop not much use on a ski trip but in the summer have advantages.
More roof height when elevated, larger bed size, and better ventilation. GC 600 looks divide opinion and bed length is to short.
High top more susceptible to high winds and mpg suffers.

If you want a drop-down bed, have a look at Mclaren Sporthomes latest van...

Depends how you use your van, poptop not much use on a ski trip but in the summer have advantages.
More roof height when elevated, larger bed size, and better ventilation. GC 600 looks divide opinion and bed length is to short.
High top more susceptible to high winds and mpg suffers.
or on the other hand-
Why do you want more roof hight GC has about 6'6".
High top much better in the rain, ie 90% of British wether other than high summer.
Don't know how much better ventilation you could want than an enormous roof light.
Looks is subjective - but I would take practicality over looks any day.
If I needed a bigger bed you would be right, but I don't & being able to leave all the bedding in place in the GC upper bed is to us a major advantage over a pop top.
The extra 158mm hight of a GC600 over that Rebel is going to make naff all difference re MPG & susceptibility to cross winds.
On the other hand the GC roof bed is available irrespective of wind & weather.

I don’t see the point of a pop top unless it’s to enable you to limbo under height barriers.

It makes sense on a coast/ ocean but once you’ve gone over the 2m mark whether it’s 2.5 or 3m makes naff all difference. So why compromise with a cold draughty pop top when you can have a warm snug hardtop.
Because when you have two kids you can stick them up there out the way

Back