Issues on our new Ocean

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We just spend a very nice 4 weeks straight 5200 km holiday in our new Ocean. But it also gave us time to dig into the car, and we found some issues (some I do not understand we did not notice before).

The car is now in for check-up. But did any of you find similar issues?

1. The rear window on the right side is not with privacy glass as it should be, all others are.
2. The cupholder is so unstable when driving (on a flat straight road) – even half filled mugs will spill.
3. The roof tambour door opens while driving
4. The control panel is not straight. Its tilted so the left side is slightly lover that the right side, but sitting snug to the roof

Besides we found other issues, but I guess they might be from the cars life as a demo.

1. The left rear readrest is unable to lock in wanted position
2. Two og the 2x4 holders on the cocking rings are broken

And what I thought was issues: There is apparently no seatbelt warning in the passenger side, and the waste tank indicator no longer shows 3 stages (like before), but only full og empty.

But good we love the car ;-)

Roof door opens on t5 when driving. So that is one common issue they have not rectified.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The cup holder in the front console on our T6 rattles and is not fit for holding cups as it rattles as you say even when just pulled open. We just use it to store small things.

I would suggest the window has been replaced foe a non factory part

I would suggest the window has been replaced foe a non factory part

You mean that the garage has changed the window for some reason, before delivery? The car was i demo (display only). And they agreed to change the window in the sliding door, due to a small fracture.

Im not sure what happened, but I also find it very doubtful that it is a mistake from the factory. I mean would they not see it in the final controls? Maybe not.

The numbers in the glas was the same though.

IMG_3902.JPG IMG_3905.JPG

1. The window , ask the dealer if it has been changed , if not it is put in faulty in the factory ?
2.cupholder , guess you mean the one in front near the gearstick? = rubbisch disign and ratlles like hell and you have to leave it open if you want to use the 12v socket to charge things. The 12v socket can be replaced higher on the dash.
3.the sliding hatch to accesvthe roof is indeed a "sliding hatch" even when you not want it to slide...
4.did you try and staighten it...give it a twist or so? Else adk the dealer to fix it , not even looked if mine is straight.

1. The rear headrest , can not help on that...
2. Those black plastic rounds holding the coockers are tend to break when you pull the coockers out to clean . They are to hard and break...
The forum shop sells softher ones , buy a set and change one as they break , in a while they are all replaced by better ones....

And what I thought was issues: There is apparently no seatbelt warning in the passenger side
That reminded me that ours is the same and I wasn't sure if there should be a warning?

1. I do not have cupholders that rattle, I will ask my dealer about that ;)
2. the access to the roof opens 1/2 inch when driving around, no big deal
3. noticed same empty/full display for waste tank, expected also 3 levels as for water tank

Our waste tank never shows if it is empty or full, ? A sensor default. Any other ocean owners can tell us what it should display?

Our waste tank never shows if it is empty or full, ? A sensor default. Any other ocean owners can tell us what it should display?

On a T6 it shows either empty or full. I do not know how much "reserve" you have when it show full. On a T5 and T5.1 it has 3 bars that shows the levels 1/3, 2/3 our full. Just like the freshwater tank.

We have had our van 5 months and I am yet to see the waste tank register anything - I assumed it was a faulty level sensor (not a big deal as the fresh water indicator works perfectly).
The only other issue on our van is the opening lid on the dash which houses the torch (I plug the sat nav in here). It has never opened properly and takes a firm 'knock' in the right place to make it open - we tend to just leave it open.
Considering the stuff going on in this van, I don't think that is too bad.

Ours shows empty or full and if you over fill it it will show full and overflow out of the drain pipe. Found this out when testing by filling up with water.

On a T5 and T5.1 it has 3 bars that shows the levels 1/3, 2/3 our full. Just like the freshwater tank.
That's news to me. I thought it only showed empty or full on the T5 too. I've never seen it light up on my 2012 Cali, having never completely filled the waste tank.

Waste tank only shows empty or full on my 2013 T5 French Cali.

Ditto just shows empty or full on 2014 T5 Cali, I tested it like Chris H thinking it should show 3 bars, waste never been full in normal use though..

Roof blind opens slightly unless a good swipe to close.. no big deal, maybe it's meant to do that to keep some ventilation to the tent ;)

Just back from 5 week 2500 mile trip around Europe. The van (Ocean) is only 3m old and in our defence we have been so busy before the trip we did not have time to try every feature of the van before departure.

Our main problem is that the tap/water pump stopped working after first week. Other niggles were that the catches for the rear shelf were not installed in the factory properly so the shelf could not safely be held in the higher position and the flappy paddle mechanism on the legs of the awning were so resistant to being put into the locked position we almost broke the plastic the first time we used the awning.

Everything else worked fine , but I agree about the rattling cup holder tray.

Our Cali is in the VW van hospital today to get things fixed. Out of interest the passenger sized airbag is being replaced. It's on the instructions of VW. Not sure what that's all about.

Just back from 5 week 2500 mile trip around Europe. The van (Ocean) is only 3m old and in our defence we have been so busy before the trip we did not have time to try every feature of the van before departure.

Our main problem is that the tap/water pump stopped working after first week. Other niggles were that the catches for the rear shelf were not installed in the factory properly so the shelf could not safely be held in the higher position and the flappy paddle mechanism on the legs of the awning were so resistant to being put into the locked position we almost broke the plastic the first time we used the awning.

Everything else worked fine , but I agree about the rattling cup holder tray.

Our Cali is in the VW van hospital today to get things fixed. Out of interest the passenger sized airbag is being replaced. It's on the instructions of VW. Not sure what that's all about.
Please let us know what the dealer does to fix the tap/water pump problem. This seems to be a common fault and there is another thread for this fault alone.

Back