Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Its a healthy 2691 kg T6

Wow, almost 2700 kg, is the T6 Cali really that heavy? Or is that the 'empty' weight or your weight with luggage, reserve gas bottle, water, bikes etc??
If the 'road ready' weight is 2700 kg, what is the total allowed mass for the T6 in your country? For our T5, according to the vehicle registration here in NL, that was 3000 kg. With a 'road ready' weight of 2700 kg, there is not a lot to load, then...300kg... 2 people with all their luggage, and you're already there...

Our 2008 T5 4Motion Cali has an 'empty' weight of nearly 2500 kg. When we had ourselves and two adult children on board, with 4 bikes on the rack and all luggage and gas and water etc, we were 3300 kg, where the allowed total weight was 3000 for our Cali... We then decided to raise the registered official total allowed weight to 3250 kg (we could do that, technically, on the basis of our air suspension) to avoid fines when controlled.
Just checked the logbook.

Base weight for my build is 2619 kg but this includes 1 driver@ 75 kg and 90% full of fuel. Max Weight is 3080 kg. Means I can fill the van with 461 kg of stuff.

Congratulations Shane, that means we have to meet up to wet the "baby's" head very soon.
thanks alot Ian, yes finally arrived. Ready when you are for a beer!

Very impressed - always loved Toluca's but with Black it is stunning and the bike rack looks pretty good too!

Shane - Is the 269kg what the Swiss testing centre measured it at? If so what was on board (water, fuel, people etc)? What accessories do you have which could add to the weight? I am considering ordering one and toying with the idea of air suspension to increase the gvwr, but only if necessary for my expected needs.
Whatever the answer it looks stunning! I want one even more now.

Shane - Is the 269kg what the Swiss testing centre measured it at? If so what was on board (water, fuel, people etc)? What accessories do you have which could add to the weight? I am considering ordering one and toying with the idea of air suspension to increase the gvwr, but only if necessary for my expected needs.
Whatever the answer it looks stunning! I want one even more now.
Hi potem, thanks alot. The base weight for my build is 2619 kg which includes all the options (not 2691 as I put in the title) but this includes 1 driver@ 75 kg and 90% full of fuel. Max Weight in swiss is 3080 kg. These are the swiss regs and may be different in the UK. The main extras which added the weight are the 18" wheels and tyres, dynamic suspension and towbar.

When you go to spec your car, the computer system which the dealer uses adds up the weight as you add the options. In my case in swiss for example, the 4M was not available because of the additional weight that the other options had already added. I would have had to remove something to add the 4M.

hope that helps.

Hi potem, thanks alot. The base weight for my build is 2619 kg which includes all the options (not 2691 as I put in the title) but this includes 1 driver@ 75 kg and 90% full of fuel. Max Weight in swiss is 3080 kg. These are the swiss regs and may be different in the UK. The main extras which added the weight are the 18" wheels and tyres, dynamic suspension and towbar.

When you go to spec your car, the computer system which the dealer uses adds up the weight as you add the options. In my case in swiss for example, the 4M was not available because of the additional weight that the other options had already added. I would have had to remove something to add the 4M.

hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. Food for thought.
Enjoy!

hope that helps.
I can never understand why the wheel weight is taken into account. I can understand they are part of the Total - Suspended - weight of the vehicle but they do not contribute to the axle weight as they are in contact with the ground and thus self supporting.

Back