Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've bought a new cover. Can I alarm it?

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I've just bought and fitted a new protech cover.
It looks good, it is waterproof and breathable. Just as I finished fitting it the guy with the convertible Saab said good luck, I tried to cover mine but had two covers stolen.
At nearly £400 I can do without this happening.
Does anyone know of a simple battery powered alarm that would activate if someone was seriously tampering with it.
I doesn't have to be a specific cover alarm just something that might give me a small amount of comfort?

I'm not familiar with the covers, but if there are securing eyelets or anchor points you might be able to use a Lock Alarm product: http://lockalarm.com/products/

Some of the range is available from Amazon or
Easy Locks http://www.easylocks.co.uk/alarms-c-117.html

We use the maxi alarm for the bikes (in addition to a D-Lock, dependent on location).

The alarm sounds if the lock is interfered with or the cable is cut, but I suppose with a cover it's more likely the fabric would just be cut away.

Paulro said:
I've just bought and fitted a new protech cover.
It looks good, it is waterproof and breathable. Just as I finished fitting it the guy with the convertible Saab said good luck, I tried to cover mine but had two covers stolen.
At nearly £400 I can do without this happening.
Does anyone know of a simple battery powered alarm that would activate if someone was seriously tampering with it.
I doesn't have to be a specific cover alarm just something that might give me a small amount of comfort?

Hi Paul,

any chance of a quick review of your protech cover with some pictures for the forum.

John

Thanks John
It went on yesterday so lets give it a couple of weeks ill post a review and some pics.

Saw the Protec owners on Dragons Den recently.
The Dragons were unimpressed by their dullness, but soon perked up when they heard about the sales volume. :thumb

So far so good. I have bought a panic alarm to be fitted and I've decided to stencil my number plate over the front and sides.
They are excellent covers. We've had huge amounts of rain and its very dry underneath.