Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jammed sliding door on T5

bangorlad

bangorlad

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Dog lead got trapped toward the bottom front corner of the sliding door which closed fully on it. Managed to cut and remove the lead but door won’t budge. Any ideas anyone?

Dog lead got trapped toward the bottom front corner of the sliding door which closed fully on it. Managed to cut and remove the lead but door won’t budge. Any ideas anyone?
The rear of the door will have to move outwards when you pull the handle. If it doesn't do this, from inside pull handle and push outwards on rear of door before trying to slide door.

Can only be wedged / damaged. The bottom bracket is wheeled and runs on the sill section. I'll post a picture later if that helps.

I constantly have to clean the bottom track due to sensitivity of the electric sliding door combined with muddy dogs.

The rear of the door will have to move outwards when you pull the handle. If it doesn't do this, from inside pull handle and push outwards on rear of door before trying to slide door.
Yes, tried this amongst other random ideas. It is effectively just locked and won't open, no sounds of any activity when either internal or external handles are operated. Clearly there's electrical activity whenever the the door is opened and closed and wondering if the strain of shutting on a 10mm round dog lead has blown a fuse. Even if the case locating said fuse would be such fun!

Coincidentally had an email from VW about service due so it's going in tomorrow and they can sort it. Seen the postings and vids of stripping the door and it's the last thing I want to get involved with thankyou..;-)

Yes, tried this amongst other random ideas. It is effectively just locked and won't open, no sounds of any activity when either internal or external handles are operated. Clearly there's electrical activity whenever the the door is opened and closed and wondering if the strain of shutting on a 10mm round dog lead has blown a fuse. Even if the case locating said fuse would be such fun!

Coincidentally had an email from VW about service due so it's going in tomorrow and they can sort it. Seen the postings and vids of stripping the door and it's the last thing I want to get involved with thankyou..;-)
Isn't there a button on the dashboard that disables the electric door?