Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just Campers Internal Window Thermo Mats

John

John

VIP Member
Those of you who have had a old VW camper will be well aware of JK(Just Kampers).

Their Window Thermo Mats are well established in the VW community. I had a set with my old Aussie Bay they fitted well and came in a nice stowage bag. JK supply a 3 piece cab set for the T5, at only £49, that cover the windscreen and the cab doors.

Now it posses a interesting question how do they compare with the Taylor Made and Silver Screen covers that are more commonly used on Cali's.

The obvious difference is that being internal they will never be wet when you have to pack them up.

There is also no problem with opening the front doors when they are fitted. Hence front seats can be left forward facing which is usefull at night for climbing up into the upper bed.

I would be interested in your comments as I know we have many Taylor Made and Silver Screen advocates out there on the forum.

John

I have used Just Kampers internal thermo mats on my Westie Cali for a long time .
Being internal they keep dry. They are fixed using cups on the wind screen which leaves ring marks after a while...... although I suppose I could clean the screen!
Not hard to fix, although do fix them BEFORE turning the seats round. Trying to do so afterwards can result in frustration and possibly a hernia!
They seem to work well , no condensation , keeps the light out and keeps us warm.
We haven't yet camped in our new Cali but, if the screen covers that came with it are too complicated I will go back to Just Kampers ( a good crowd).
However, all these internal screens seem to be a bit of a faf to fix. By choice I'd go for a nice curtain on a rail running along the ceiling close to the front windscreen . Very easy to fix once you arrive on site. Bilbos use a system like this. (The old Westfalia system used a curtain but it was fixed using poppers, a night mare to fix after a long drive, the poppers didn't pop together so the curtain kept falling down.)

Back