Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just purchased T6

Nigel lloyd

Nigel lloyd

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi. For the past 10 years or so my family and I have tended not to take many holidays and when we did it was in a tent (it nearly blew away last summer). We have only dreamed of owning a Campervan. However, I have realised a little late how quickly life passes so I decided to go 'all in' and ordered a T6 California Ocean 4 motion DSG on Friday - ex demonstrator with 2000 miles on the clock. My family have no idea what I've done and I can't wait to see their faces on Xmas day when they see it parked on the driveway. I'm finding difficult to contain my excitement.
I will probable need some advice over the next few months as I encounter problems.

Welcome! Wow You will have a great Christmas day if you can keep your purchase quiet until then!! In the meantime lots of tips, info and advice on the forum to help you through to your great day.:thumb:thumb:welcome

Hi. For the past 10 years or so my family and I have tended not to take many holidays and when we did it was in a tent (it nearly blew away last summer). We have only dreamed of owning a Campervan. However, I have realised a little late how quickly life passes so I decided to go 'all in' and ordered a T6 California Ocean 4 motion DSG on Friday - ex demonstrator with 2000 miles on the clock. My family have no idea what I've done and I can't wait to see their faces on Xmas day when they see it parked on the driveway. I'm finding difficult to contain my excitement.
I will probable need some advice over the next few months as I encounter problems.

Welcome.

WOW, best family Christmas ever !!

You'll love it

@Nigel lloyd … that is simply awesome!

:welcome :bananadance2:welcome

(Where are all the Christmas Emojis)

Welcome allong!

Wow that will be a surprise.

Mike

If it all goes pear shaped at least you can sleep in it on the drive:thumb

Oh my word - that will absolutely be the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!! We just spent our first night in our new Cali. Just like tenting - we sat outside last night and had mulled wine, and again this morning for bacon rolls and tea. Lovely cosy comfy bed with heater overnight though, which is far superior to tenting!

Enjoy !

Welcome and what a nice surprise for yourself and your family! IMO you point out what every (or am I wrong?) Cali owner/ownership is about: sharing some great experiences with those you love or start some new adventures.

my Christmas wish list to Santa is a two tone Cali...or a Split firetruck
looks like twill be socks with a campervan design again...

That is totally brilliant :thumb I very much doubt I would be able to keep quiet about it until Christmas.
Hopefully, mine started being built today, but I don't think it will arrive until after 12th Night.

that's wonderful but can you now still afford the Wrapping paper and a BIG bow so that it's a "proper" Christmas present? And it definitely won't fit under the tree :)

Brilliant....How on earth is Father Christmas going to get down the chimney with that?

Just think...Boxing day and a large glass of wine in your new California while the relatives arque over what to watch on television in the house....Bliss :thumb

Well done, good move! What colour/spec is it?

Hi there this is the best surprise I have ever herd of apart from my wife's surprise 40th I did last year which I had to keep quiet for over 6 months and I was the only one that knew of all the cool stuff in store .anyway never mind mine it's about you .your words really touched me in that life passes too quick and I guess most people just don't get why you did it .i guess there is more to the story than you say maybe not .it is an exceptional surprise and something I think you could add a lot of mystery and suspense to an already great surprise I blinde folded my wife for some of her birthday and mad her promise to do whatever I asked of her .i wish you all the best with your Cali but more to the point on your surprise part .this I guarantee you will be one of the best moments ever .please keep it to yourself and no one that might let the cat of the bag .also can you update me on your event and how it went .all the very best .mk

What a wonderful Christmas present. Much better than socks. Have you thought of taking your family out in it to some local beauty spot to enjoy at least part of your Christmas dinner in it. Sneak the necessary christmas fare into the fridge the night before and amaze them when you whip out a chilled bottle of something suitably festive along with some sumptuous pre christmas lunch nibbles.

We had a plendid preprepared starter course in ours last Christmas day at around two o'clock. We then drove home and had the main course at around 4 o'clock, polished off pudding at around 9pm followed by cheese and bics just before midnight. It was very special and we didn't end up feeling like beached whales either.

They will certainly remember this Christmas for evermore.

Last edited:
Hi there this is the best surprise I have ever herd of apart from my wife's surprise 40th I did last year which I had to keep quiet for over 6 months and I was the only one that knew of all the cool stuff in store .anyway never mind mine it's about you .your words really touched me in that life passes too quick and I guess most people just don't get why you did it .i guess there is more to the story than you say maybe not .it is an exceptional surprise and something I think you could add a lot of mystery and suspense to an already great surprise I blinde folded my wife for some of her birthday and mad her promise to do whatever I asked of her .i wish you all the best with your Cali but more to the point on your surprise part .this I guarantee you will be one of the best moments ever .please keep it to yourself and no one that might let the cat of the bag .also can you update me on your event and how it went .all the very best .mk

Hopefully nobody will let the "Cali" out of the bag! Great start to some wonderful times...

Super!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Dear @Nigel it is such a great idea, and I believe we would love a video of the whole scene when you surprise your loved ones!

:welcome Congratulations Nigel. What a fantastic family Christmas present.:thumb

How do you smuggle £60k out without the all seeing eye picking it up?

Back