Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordering a T6 Beach demonstrator

Please don't use the arm rests at all to get upstairs as they will easily break! Some on here have utilised a concertina type ladder which would be better.
You will certainly have fun! Zebedee

Climatic gives AirCon in the front ONLY, variable from hot to cold only, and just Heating or Ambient in the rear
Climatronic 3 zone gives AirCon front and rear, with rear controls + L & R cabin. Dial the temperature you want in each zone and thats it. Each zone will be heated/cooled to your set temperature.

It certainly makes sense to me - I'm not sure Clare will agree as she constantly complains that air con drys out her eyes. I guess the case to make is that thermostatically controlled air con gives more control to us than unregulated air con.

I think you are very wise looking into buying a demonstrator. They can be a great way of saving a considerable chunk of cash.

However, I understand that you are trying to spec the exact car that you are after but I don't think that the deal you have been offered is that good. I my opinion the discount should be higher.

All the dealers have demo vehicles. Why not have a ring round and see if you can get one close to your spec? You should get it within three months instead of 6 - 9 months, (unless that is what you want).

What ever you do, good luck.

I purchased an ex demonstrator in 2014 which happened to be my perfect spec with 20 miles on the clock and 20% discount. I happened to have been in touch with the dealer for months before the demo was specced. It was a happy coincidence that it suited me rather than an agreement. Dealer kept the vehicle in his pound for 3 months so it was unused when it came to us.

Spec was pretty simple: 7 seats, diesel heater. It is a great vehicle. Multipurpose for our family of 6. We enjoy it everyday and did 33 camping nights in 2015.

I purchased an ex demonstrator in 2014 which happened to be my perfect spec with 20 miles on the clock and 20% discount. I happened to have been in touch with the dealer for months before the demo was specced. It was a happy coincidence that it suited me rather than an agreement. Dealer kept the vehicle in his pound for 3 months so it was unused when it came to us.

Spec was pretty simple: 7 seats, diesel heater. It is a great vehicle. Multipurpose for our family of 6. We enjoy it everyday and did 33 camping nights in 2015.

That is very interesting - especially the 20% discount and 20 miles on the clock. I think that it is a fair trade off to forgo some discount in return for having the vehicle specced exactly or nearly exactly as I want, but a 7% trade off is far too much.

Also the remaining full factory warranty will be shorter too with an ex-demonstrator, so worth taking into consideriation in a negotiation. I was told that if the VW extended warranty product was to be added to make up for it only cover the Transporter van scope would be covered, not any of the California-specific parts.

Back