Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kandor strip Kee’s slipping

California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
when I setup and attach my Vango Magra to the Cali the awning or Kandor strip keeps either slipping out the awning or the awning slips out the figure of 8 any suggestions from how this can be done how locked in as it makes it difficult to put up

Would I need to use 4 clips one on each side of Kandor strip as the strip either slide out the omnister or the awning slides out the figure of 8 strips

We’ve had this problem too. It’s about centralising the driveaway awning to the vans roll out canopy, so the kador strip and fig of 8 strips aren’t pulled sideways, and then tensioning the tunnel section. Even knowing this it still does happen. But if you clip your fig of 8 strips to the top edge of the roll out canopy and thread the driveaway awning connector through, it stays in place.

All that said, the gadget recommended by @Perfectos looks genius!

This can be an issue on windy days (one of our awnings is a vango Galli has a giant wind scoop at the front). I've been pondering these, but I'm not sure they're quite what I need:

2Pcs Figure of Eight Awning Channel Lock Blocks for Motorhome Camper Van Drive Away Awning kit 6mm x 6mm,8mm x 6mm,6mm x 4mm Bead Strips https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CMQKCPSP/?tag=eliteelect-21

I do have some awning rail 'stoppers' to fit into the channel, but only in 6mm, so too big firctge channel in the wind out awning. I may see if I can find 4mm versions.

Awning Rail Stoppers Caravan Motorhome Campervan Stainless Steel Multipurpose https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Q3X3L8N/?tag=eliteelect-21

The other option is to make use of the straps provided to go over the vehicle roof (for use use on vehicles without awning rails). Instead of fixing the strap over the roof, attach it parallel with the van. This keeps the awning under enough tension to stop it slipping back or forwards depending on wind direction and how you attach. It does add an extra guy to negotiate but can be removed once the wind subsides - see image below.

PXL_20240222_090723886.jpg