Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Katadyn application

Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl

Vehicle
Cali now sold
probably a very blond question but I’m going to ask it anyway!
I’ve just bought some Katadyn from the shop and I’m not sure how to use it. I was hoping to fill my water tank using our garden hose knowing the katadyn should kill any nasties. I’m now assuming that I will need to mix it outside the tank and then transfer that mixture to the tank somehow? If so what do people use to do this?

probably a very blond question but I’m going to ask it anyway!
I’ve just bought some Katadyn from the shop and I’m not sure how to use it. I was hoping to fill my water tank using our garden hose knowing the katadyn should kill any nasties. I’m now assuming that I will need to mix it outside the tank and then transfer that mixture to the tank somehow? If so what do people use to do this?
I just use a pipette to measure out the amount. Squirt it in the tank and then fill up with **** shush - the garden hose.
If you shout it too loudly the doom and gloom merchants will be onto us for using a garden hose.:thumb:D

I fil mine with a garden hose and Kat....whatever.

I don't use a pipette. Being an ex bar lady in my night job I just assume it's a mixer :shocked

Ok thanks for the replies - sounds pretty straightforward (famous last words). I will have a go at doing this tomorrow morning before we leave on our first trip.

I’m not at home at the moment so can’t check but isn’t their a measure with the katadyn bottle. I’m sure that’s what I used.

Put the small amount of katadyn in tank then filled with hosepipe. Just run a bit of water through hose pipe first.

Will check in the morning when I fill mine for the weekend.

It’s been 6 months since I last did mine so I will empty the tank and do it again. It’s a bit fiddly but just put the chemical straight into the tank and fill it up as normal.

Back