Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kids car seats..?

S

Sarah Turner

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello
I'm new here, been meaning to join for ages :)
I'm really struggling to figure out what car seat to get for our 4 year old - specifically what tether options the Cali has.
She's currently extended read facing and I'd like to keep it that way if possible, but in order to figure out what car seats I can choose from I need to understand
1. does our Cali have a top tether point (over the top of the rear seats)
2. can you put tether straps under the seats

Any advice and experience massively appreciated!!!!

I am not sure what you mean by tether points. The Cali is fitted with isofix points which is what we use with a group 2-3 seat facing forward. This uses the standard seat belt for securing the child.

09CEFFB1-73EB-497F-9FFF-4158EE805860.jpeg I can only comment on the T6, as other models may be different, but the Ocean has tether points at the bottom of the bench seat and the Beach has them further up the bench seat - see image from VW California Manual.

You only need isofix on rear facing seats that I'm aware of, I have my youngest in one now. It's a britax that also rotates and reclines and will be rotated once he's big enough.
Top tether are for the next level forward facing seats. Depending on her size will dictate how long you can keep her rear facing. My younger kid was out of her rear facing before 4 as she got to tall for it.
I know our previous '10 se didn't have tether points, not sure what year they started. II'll have to check my current beach for them as i hadn't thought about it.

Hello
I'm new here, been meaning to join for ages :)
I'm really struggling to figure out what car seat to get for our 4 year old - specifically what tether options the Cali has.
She's currently extended read facing and I'd like to keep it that way if possible, but in order to figure out what car seats I can choose from I need to understand
1. does our Cali have a top tether point (over the top of the rear seats)
2. can you put tether straps under the seats

Any advice and experience massively appreciated!!!!
Hi we have the recaro monza nova 2 for our 4 year old and he loves it. We didn’t bother with isofix because they can be awkward to install and remove all the time. Although initially I was uncertain this would work, I now wouldn’t change our choice. Very stable, quick to install and comfortable.
All the best

Hi we have the recaro monza nova 2 for our 4 year old and he loves it. We didn’t bother with isofix because they can be awkward to install and remove all the time. Although initially I was uncertain this would work, I now wouldn’t change our choice. Very stable, quick to install and comfortable.
All the best
Ps we also have the recaro young sport for our 3 year old which is good for many years too. She is smaller and took to that well..