Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen Shelf

I'm liking the idea of a shelf to pop bits on whilst cooking (as my ehem well trained dogs are quick to try and get involved). I can't see from the pics how they stay in place when the roof / bed is up - any chance of a pic of that? Thanks.
Alison, it is made so that it lips underneath the frame of the roof base. Can stay in place with bed up or down

Mark, i have used some grey brushed aluminium vinyl to wrap the front and sides. Looks a lot better. You can leave it in place with the bed up or down. It is made so that it lips underneath the aluminium frame of the roof
If you can do me one the same as that, I'd definitely be interested. Can you PM me with cost/payment details?

Cheers
Mark

Thanks Kmann

It's great that you're drawing attention to the safety aspect.

My attempt at putting it in context - there was no reference at all from the original poster that this should be in place whilst driving.

On the Cali Dogs section (and various of my friends who I have failed to educate otherwise) there are lot of people who put their beloved pets in their vehicle unrestrained, which weigh a tad more than a tee cup, kitchen roll or even the kitchen shelf Myself, I won't let a dog in my car or van unless it is in a crate or on a suitable seat belt restraint.

I'm just trying to suggest that we can use this thread for what it was intended for - i.e. suggesting there are some items that can be useful in the kitchen areas - albeit bearing (baring?) in mind that they should be used with caution when travelling.

Hopefully that helps everyone???

My attempt at putting it in context - there was no reference at all from the original poster that this should be in place whilst driving.
The shelf itself is fixed in place, not a problem driving with it or crashing with it, items can be placed on the shelf when setting up on site. The shelf itself is not a potential projectile.

If you can do me one the same as that, I'd definitely be interested. Can you PM me with cost/payment details?

Cheers
Mark

I'm also very interested in one of these. Can you PM me with costs please. Mark, did you get one?

Thanks

They will be available in limited numbers at the meet at the weekend.

Arghh just ordered a shelf from Germany...... can you believe it.

70cm with kitchen roll holder. Edged in silver from calitop.eu

70cm with kitchen roll holder. Edged in silver from calitop.eu

I had a look at that one. How much was the shipping on it?

I was wondering about making one similar to that from sheet aluminium, but DMB9R's shelf would be much more desirable... :thumb

I had a look at that one. How much was the shipping on it?

I was wondering about making one similar to that from sheet aluminium, but DMB9R's shelf would be much more desirable... :thumb
I was also looking at this. It quotes 17 Euros shipping to the UK.

Mind your head on it lol
Is that from painful experience Kev? Im keen on the idea of a shelf but was concerned about hitting my head every time I bend over the stove. I'm hoping to be able to see one in action at the weekend.

We had a few complaints when we used to sell them of people banging their heads. They look good but are expensive and scratch very easily.
Main reason we stopped selling them.

Spotted the old head banging post so went with the edging. I've assumed the silver, due to the extra cost, is anodised.

• Agree
Reactions: DM
I had one until it broke.

I found it quite restrictive when stood working at the kitchen, had to keep avoiding it.

It did not have a lip on it and after a few uses gravity took over, it started to slope downwards and I got fed up with the kitchen roll falling into my washing up :shocked Disposing of super-absorbent kitchen rolls when they have had a super-absobancy time is a pain!

One of the reasons why I have all but banished washing up from my van.

I was also looking at this. It quotes 17 Euros shipping to the UK.

So 73 euros shipped (without edging) is about £58 - that's quite expensive for a small sheet of aluminium, a pole and a few clips.

Not sure about how strong it will be - the way it is mounted to the brackets looks quite flimsy. I would have thought a longer section of the bracket supporting the shelf would be beneficial.

Shelf1.png

Surely you're not going to bang your head on this if you move it over the fridge :headbang

If it's anything like the one that I had, positioned over the fridge leaves a bit hanging above the gas burner, and if you have the kitchen towel holder hanging from it then it could become a flaming nuisance :(

Why I positioned mine so the kitchen town was above the sink .... or in it :(

Non washing / non gas Cali!:thumb

They will be available in limited numbers at the meet at the weekend.
I can't make the meet either. Any chance of sending me one? Did you PM me as I haven't seen anything?

Hi DMB9R I am very keen to get one of these shelves as soon as possible. Any chance you could let me know how I go about ordering one please.

Last edited by a moderator: