Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchenette left hand door latch

C

CaterhamSteve

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi folks, this is my first post here. Had our T6.1 Coast for three years and loving it!

The catch on the left hand kitchenette door doesn't seem to have anything to engage with, hence it doesn't remain shut. I initially thought that the catch was meant to engage with the cabinet frame, the same way as the right hand door. However there is a considerable gap between the frame and the catch and therefore suspect that there should be a bracket of some sort glued into the hole. I've tried to capture that, with a view into the hole in the second picture.

Could somebody possibly look into theirs and let me know what is missing?

With thanks in anticipation.

Steve

IMG_1761.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

It's the same as mine has always been. In fact if you open the right hand side door too hard it will break off the latch altogether., not that it does anything.

There is a post on here somewhere of someone's DIY repair. I'd like to replace mine, but it fixes from the rear I think and therefore the fridge has to be moved

Thanks everybody, still finding my way round the forums. What a mine of information!

It seems to be a common problem down to a design weakness. There are a few months left on the warranty but rather than have them remove the fridge to replace the catch plate, then have it break again. I've decided to leave it as it is.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for taking the pictures johna

Our posts got crossed over, see the one before yours.

I've decided to leave it as is rather than have the fridge installation disturbed.

Thanks again for your help.

Your choice, but I’d not like the door opening during a trip. Our left hand door catch got broken this year, and the door kept creeping opening, risking contents coming out. We could have asked for a warranty repair, but the fuel cost outweighed the £25 for a new door handle so I did it myself. However I wouldn’t like to repair the door frame part like you’ve got, I’d definitely get it replaced by the dealer if I could. Normally it’s the door handle that breaks.

Back