Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lake Konstanz

Custardtart

Custardtart

We're thinking of heading down to Lake Konstanz (Germany) this summer camping in the Cali.

Any recommendations for a good campsite?

Also planning to spend three days there on the way down to Austria. Should be there end of August. I have been looking at a few sites on the northern side of the lake around Friedrichshafen and Lindau. The only one that relied to an enquiry was full unfortunately. Might be a case of finding something when we get there.

Yes - I'm starting to think about somewhere else as Lake Konstanz seems to be very popular and I'd rather find somewhere a little less (over)crowded.

We've stopped a few times at Orsingen at the northern end of the lake (http://www.camping-orsingen.de). It's not on the lake but is handy for Ludwigshafen and Urberlingen. The ferries stop at Uberlingen for the crossings to Switzerland and other lakeside stops. The town itself is very good and well worth exploring.

I can't comment on peak season as we've stopped in low season (June), there is a total lack of vegetation for privacy etc.not a problem when there is only a couple of dozen vans on site. I would guess it can get very crowded. However the site is run by the local council and the facilities were modern and absolutely spotless at all times that we've visited. Supermarket on the doorstep, swimming pool next door and small restaurant/bar on site.

There is an ACSI site at Salem but I can't recommend that.

Hubert