Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lane change assist retrofit

johnv

johnv

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Has Lane change assist got anything to do with the parking sensors .. ie if you already have parking sensors is it possible to retrofit? thanks

There are sensors in the rear of the vehicle (I think above the rear bumper in the panels there) that are for lane assist. Needs a special tool to set them up properly. Would imagine that if it was even possible it would be hugely expensive and a four figure sum at least!

Thanks

thought that was probably the case .. I'll just have to continue looking over my shoulder as I've done for the last 40 years then I suppose :)

In theory anything could be retrofitted. I mean you could take your van back to a van if you wish and install whatever, it will always come down to cost and whether it is worth it for the individual.

Best to look round the retrofit websites, Hazzydays been one of the better ones not least because they do quite a few bits and not simply Bluetooth and sat navs.

I've never seen Lane Assist offered as a retrofit so it's as Alex says, expensive and difficult.

James

Back