Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

latest down load t6.1

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has anybody had the latest roof control panel down load yet? if so has it solved the heater and roof faults.

Had it applied to 6 of mine last week. Probably too early to tell at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

Was not aware of a new download. Is this pushed by VW over the air, or do you need to go into a dealership?
Thx

Was not aware of a new download. Is this pushed by VW over the air, or do you need to go into a dealership?
Thx
Think it's dealer applied only. That's how mine were done.

Ah that would be a bummer. Don’t have a need to get into a dealership (yet). Might be another 1,5years before first service is due...

Has anybody had the latest roof control panel down load yet? if so has it solved the heater and roof faults.
Please can you tell me what the roof and heater faults are? We are having roof issues with our new 6.1 (sags after 1 night, won’t auto correct) and the software upgrade hasn’t helped. Be interested to know what the heater fault is too. Thanks!

Thx
I would assume that upgrades have to be connected to the mother ship to update the factory vehicle spec. register etc.
Hooking up to the mother ship will provide a full software update, Including all / any step changes, it will over write your exiting Ecu, Bcm etc. To the latest spec the factory consider relevant. e.g on the T6 it will update add blue usage etc and apply all other S changes.
it’s a bit like updating your laptop, phone etc with the latest software, it registers with the factory and updates their records of your vehicle

My new 6.1 had to go in for steering issues, yet to be resolved. At the same time they said there is a roof s/w upgrade but that mine didn't need it. Apparently it's to fix when the roof is left up for a period of time and don't come back down again!

Please can you tell me what the roof and heater faults are? We are having roof issues with our new 6.1 (sags after 1 night, won’t auto correct) and the software upgrade hasn’t helped. Be interested to know what the heater fault is too. Thanks!
I have had some issues with the display on the control panel, the issue is the heater wont start this always happens when the roof has been up for a few hours on one occasion the control screen just said aux heater fault I was unable to lower the roof or access any other function. I fixed it by pulling a 5 amp fuse under the passenger seat this caused the control panel to shut down, the fuse was refitted and everything worked again. A second occasion the heater refused to start the roof again had been up for 7hrs but I could access other options on the control panel so again the 5amp fuse was pulled and all came good again. The dealer told me the update was related to the roof dropping and not correcting this caused the control panel to loose its self.

I have had some issues with the display on the control panel, the issue is the heater wont start this always happens when the roof has been up for a few hours on one occasion the control screen just said aux heater fault I was unable to lower the roof or access any other function. I fixed it by pulling a 5 amp fuse under the passenger seat this caused the control panel to shut down, the fuse was refitted and everything worked again. A second occasion the heater refused to start the roof again had been up for 7hrs but I could access other options on the control panel so again the 5amp fuse was pulled and all came good again. The dealer told me the update was related to the roof dropping and not correcting this caused the control panel to loose its self.
Interesting @Defender90 . Can you advise which fuse you pulled to ‘fix’ the problem? Previous posts suggest pulling fuses 5 to 8 in the fuse box under the headlight switch. One fuse under the seat sounds easier.

I'd be pretty pi**ed off if I was pulling fuses on such an expensive vehicle.

I'd be pretty pi**ed off if I was pulling fuses on such an expensive vehicle.
Hopefully the update sorts the roof issue. The heater seems to be the source of much frustration too. I’m hoping (when my Ocean arrives) this forum will give me the answers when the instruction manual fails... I know I’ve read it somewhere!

Hopefully the update sorts the roof issue. The heater seems to be the source of much frustration too. I’m hoping (when my Ocean arrives) this forum will give me the answers when the instruction manual fails... I know I’ve read it somewhere!
It seems to have changed on the T6. 1
Heat Immediate is activated by the Heater Remote. Runs for 2 hrs maximum and then disabled until vehicle has been driven.
Heat Continuous is activated by Control Panel and will run continuously until Leisure Batteries drop to 11.5v or fuel drops below 1/4. It may go into and out of Standby Mode if it exceeds the set temperature level.

This is from an interested observer not an owner.

Runs for 2 hrs maximum and then disabled until vehicle has been driven.
Why would VW design it so it needs to be driven? Could a software update resolve that?

Thank you

Why would VW design it so it needs to be driven? Could a software update resolve that?
Who knows with VW. It could be a software glitch or a safety feature to prevent continios use, I wonder if the temperature function is disabled or battery monitor, so to avoid running down the Leisure Batteries by accidently triggering the remote.
Using the Control Panel for Continuous Mode means your more in control.
A bit like Ignition On for roof operation although only the Leisure Batteries are used. Avoids accidental use.

If you read the manuals, it seems to suggest that the heater is fitted to many variants of van not just the Cali, it’s fitted to the caravelle for example without a leisure battery, if it’s running off the starter battery only, the two hour limit is to stop the starter battery getting totally flattened.
Pulling the fuses just resets the 2 hour timer.
The heat continuously function is a Cali only function and doesn’t have a time limit on an ocean. (Don’t know about the beach with only one leisure battery)

If you read the manuals, it seems to suggest that the heater is fitted to many variants of van not just the Cali, it’s fitted to the caravelle for example without a leisure battery, if it’s running off the starter battery only, the two hour limit is to stop the starter battery getting totally flattened.
Pulling the fuses just resets the 2 hour timer.
The heat continuously function is a Cali only function and doesn’t have a time limit on an ocean. (Don’t know about the beach with only one leisure battery)
The heater was on the continuous setting so no reason why it would show aux fault,the batteries all fully charged and diesel tank full.After the fuse was pullEd the heater ran for 10 hours

It seems to have changed on the T6. 1
Heat Immediate is activated by the Heater Remote. Runs for 2 hrs maximum and then disabled until vehicle has been driven.
Heat Continuous is activated by Control Panel and will run continuously until Leisure Batteries drop to 11.5v or fuel drops below 1/4. It may go into and out of Standby Mode if it exceeds the set temperature level.

This is from an interested observer not an owner.
From the control panel heat immediately can be selected also

Back