Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Radio software update (and 4 year warranty??)

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Team,

Well here are a couple of weird ones for you.......

I had the van serviced last week (one of the two inclusive ones in the 'All in" warranty. At the same time I asked if the dealer could update the radio/nav software (because it simply would NOT update 'over the air' as they suggested previously. They were unable to do this and informed me that it was as likely an issue on the hardware side preventing the update...... so when I said can you fix this please .......their answer was that software is not included in the extended warranty and that I would have to be charged to investigate the issue! My answer to this was that VW supplied the van and that to suggest after 3 1/2 years that I can nor longer update the software is unacceptable (!) and that I hold VW responsible on the basis that the equipment is not fit for purpose.

Then..... out of the blue...... dealer said they noticed that I actually had a 4 year warranty (capped at 120000 miles) from new anyway! so they booked it in for the work to be done tomorrow. This is fine and I will go with this.... but...... why was it not pointed out to me when I paid for the All In warranty? (rhetorical question). Since VW will not allow 2 warranties to be held at the same time I reckon I should have a case for asking for my already paid up 2 year warranty extension to be reset to match the original expiry date from new.

So yes this is indeed a bit of a rant but I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced any of this. Am I asking too much?

Hi Team,

Well here are a couple of weird ones for you.......

I had the van serviced last week (one of the two inclusive ones in the 'All in" warranty. At the same time I asked if the dealer could update the radio/nav software (because it simply would NOT update 'over the air' as they suggested previously. They were unable to do this and informed me that it was as likely an issue on the hardware side preventing the update...... so when I said can you fix this please .......their answer was that software is not included in the extended warranty and that I would have to be charged to investigate the issue! My answer to this was that VW supplied the van and that to suggest after 3 1/2 years that I can nor longer update the software is unacceptable (!) and that I hold VW responsible on the basis that the equipment is not fit for purpose.

Then..... out of the blue...... dealer said they noticed that I actually had a 4 year warranty (capped at 120000 miles) from new anyway! so they booked it in for the work to be done tomorrow. This is fine and I will go with this.... but...... why was it not pointed out to me when I paid for the All In warranty? (rhetorical question). Since VW will not allow 2 warranties to be held at the same time I reckon I should have a case for asking for my already paid up 2 year warranty extension to be reset to match the original expiry date from new.

So yes this is indeed a bit of a rant but I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced any of this. Am I asking too much?

Invoice VW for YOUR wasted time & diesel. Unless they are collecting / returning the van to you for the 2nd avoidable visit to the dealer.

(…just joking)

Back