Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Le Shuttle booking direct vs Aferry

Moose

Moose

T6 Ocean 204 DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Had a trip booked in April with friends to France using Leshuttle I booked via Aferry they booked directly. At the time a Aferry offered a better deal than booking direct for a camper van + 2 dogs our friend have a Volvo XC60 + 1 dog.
Long story short due to Covid we needed to change our dates so rebooked for late July.
Aferry charged me 18.00 each way.
Eurotunnel charge friends £2.00 out 0.00 rtn.
Due to a mixup with the dates at the place we were stay (not our fault) we had to change the dates again so now late August.
Aferry have charged £220.00 due to the fact I had to wait for them to get back to me, as you can't change bookings online and the phone ring out with message "due to Covid use online chat but it will take 2 wks to reply" so now (yesterday) only tickets available to Afrerry for the return are Flexiplus !!! Our friends checked last night for same rtn and still had the option via Euortunnel for a standard ticket!!!!
Eurotunnel charged friends £4.00 out £2.00 rtn change was done online 10days ago.
So now my cost for crossing is a whopping £581.60 our friends cost £220.00!!!
I even had trouble with the 1st change as could not get hold of anyone at Aferry but manage to contact Eurotunnel within 2mins on the phone and they offered to help me as a last resort.
Lesson learned for me is to book directly from now on:(

Last edited:
Used to book with Aferry, learned my lesson as well but no where near as expensively as yourself :eek:

You can book with CAMC if you are a member and save 10%. They have been very helpful with my Shuttle booking and must have a bit of clout with all the member bookings as they were negotiating being able to move peoples bookings to next year if required.

Whilst looking the other day, i noticed that the price of a Flexi-plus return ticket varies. As you can use a Flexi-plus anytime, it works out cheaper to book the return for mid September but return anytime that suits!

available
Many years ago Aferry would have some terrific deals they could get really good discounts from ferry companies and good deals with accommodation..Then all of a sudden it changed and it wasn’t worth booking with them any longer..We tend to book directly now but with the Covid19 is Sod’s law you will not get anyone on the phone to discuss anything so have to do it All online...even then it’s not easy...

Back