Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED front fog light kit

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have just installed an LED front fog light pack to the Cali it took 10 mins to do both sides and the kit has not shown any errors and the cornering functions works perfectly. The kit replaces the bulbs and a resistor loom plugs into the existing wiring.
Visit www.travelin-lite.co.uk. Kit costs £37 and it works perfectly.

98C7F056-D653-47E4-943D-0E32C4158EEF.png

Just don’t drive with them on as they will dazzle oncoming vehicles as that design has a lamp on the end facing forward and our fog lamps require a correctly positioned filament to sit precisely in the correct position so the light output is correctly positioned in front of the van.

There are a few LEDs that will work in the T6 fog light.

Btw, its your van, your cash, your choice but just telling you what I found out when doing my research.

Thanks Loz
You are right, fog lights are not for general use I agree you should not drive with them on they are fog lights after all not spot lights!! The LED bulbs make the visibility on the cornering function more substantial especially on country lanes that is why I have fitted them. They fit perfectly and the supplied harness does not cause canbus errors either. They are perfect for people wanting to upgrade their fog lights to LED to maximise the light for cornering.

Be interested in how you get on with them in the long run. are they standard bulbs that can just be changed?

Reason I asked is I bought some LED DRL bulbs (which I can only assume were rubbish chinese ones) from a VW seller. The first set had a broken one from new and a new pair was sent out, they lasted about 6 months before going haywire, flashing and flickering and failing one after the other in the space of a month.

I've reverted to using ones from halfords now which seem much better made. I am still a bit cautious about aftermarket LEDs though. I really want some fogs on mine at some point soon but was going to stick with traditional bulbs.

Thanks Loz
You are right, fog lights are not for general use I agree you should not drive with them on they are fog lights after all not spot lights!! The LED bulbs make the visibility on the cornering function more substantial especially on country lanes that is why I have fitted them. They fit perfectly and the supplied harness does not cause canbus errors either. They are perfect for people wanting to upgrade their fog lights to LED to maximise the light for cornering.
Yes valid points and that is why I also have LED fog lights, but the correct ones.

Yes valid points and that is why I also have LED fog lights, but the correct ones.
Loz, can you please advise the correct ones for me? Thanks in advance.
Rik

Be interested in how you get on with them in the long run. are they standard bulbs that can just be changed?

Reason I asked is I bought some LED DRL bulbs (which I can only assume were rubbish chinese ones) from a VW seller. The first set had a broken one from new and a new pair was sent out, they lasted about 6 months before going haywire, flashing and flickering and failing one after the other in the space of a month.

I've reverted to using ones from halfords now which seem much better made. I am still a bit cautious about aftermarket LEDs though. I really want some fogs on mine at some point soon but was going to stick with traditional bulbs.
Hi Matt
A few of my friends who have T6 transporters (not Cali’s) have had them fitted for a while without any problems. The bulbs come complete with the fitting and they just twist in. The bulbs are just LEDs the wiring harness just plugs into the existing fog loom and the other end into the bulb. The electronics allow the canbus to operate without showing faults and the cornering function still works. These do not flicker and my friends have not reported any problems with them so I thought I would give them a go in the Cali. You might be wise also to see what bulbs Loz (in this tread) users as he says he has the correct ones what ever they are??

In this picture you can see there is a cap on the end of the lamp so no light is being projected straight out and the LED elements are back to back at the same focal distance as the filament lamp it replaced.

LED light isn't so beneficial in Fog as Halogen unless a yellow one.
Some Police areas are keen on misuse of Fog lights,
ie. no fog- no fog light lit. FRONT or REAR

just a caution.

Last edited:
Anybody bought and fitted the Auxbeam white LED foglights as featured on YouTube by Will at California Time? (Part Number GD001910 F165-H11). If so did you have any problems fitting them or have any Canbus errors? Also, since Auxbeam don’t have a UK reseller, did you have any problems regarding import from the USA? Lastly, better illumination for cornering but has anybody tested them in foggy conditions where yellow light has always been considered better?

I have just installed an LED front fog light pack to the Cali it took 10 mins to do both sides and the kit has not shown any errors and the cornering functions works perfectly. The kit replaces the bulbs and a resistor loom plugs into the existing wiring.
Visit www.travelin-lite.co.uk. Kit costs £37 and it works perfectly.

View attachment 46493
If you still have your Cali, are the fog lights still working without a prob? I bought some Auxbeam Switchbacks in Apr 2022 and now they are flickering.

Anybody bought and fitted the Auxbeam white LED foglights as featured on YouTube by Will at California Time? (Part Number GD001910 F165-H11). If so did you have any problems fitting them or have any Canbus errors? Also, since Auxbeam don’t have a UK reseller, did you have any problems regarding import from the USA? Lastly, better illumination for cornering but has anybody tested them in foggy conditions where yellow light has always been considered better?
I bought the Auxbeam Switchbacks in Apr 2022. Installation was simple and they tested fine, but now the lights are flickering. Looking for an alternate manufacturer now.