Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED Headlight Travel Mode

Bill R

Bill R

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I'm currently avoiding night time driving here in Spain.
I'm assuming that choosing Travel mode option makes a noticeable difference to the beam direction ?
I've even parked facing a wall with lights on, switching Travel Mode on and off and nothing happens. No doubt it's a dealer visit on my return but thought I'd check here in case there was something else I needed to do
Bill

Selecting travel mode moves the nearside lamp down a fraction, enough to flatten the beam.

Might be difficult to see if you are too close.

Selecting travel mode moves the nearside lamp down a fraction, enough to flatten the beam.

Might be difficult to see if you are too close.
Hi Loz
I get that but unfortunately even when selected and I'm driving in the dark the left beam is higher than the right like it is back home , so in the eyes of oncoming drivers over here
Cheers

You can adjust it down by using the white adjusters on the rear of the lamps. I’ll dig out a bit of manual for you I did for someone else.

Hi Loz
I get that but unfortunately even when selected and I'm driving in the dark the left beam is higher than the right like it is back home , so in the eyes of oncoming drivers over here
Cheers
There have been a few instances where the Self Levelling System has failed. There are sensors on the rear suspension.

Hi Bill

Just been out and checked mine, the left beam only drops by a few degrees, there’s certainly no significant change in height / in the left hand beam.

When parked approx 3m away from a garage door, the left beam drops about 50mm max when travel mode selected and reverts to the original when Unselected.

I hope that helps.

When away I spent ages baffled by the difference between travel mode and normal.

In the end I just gave up worrying.

The difference is marginal.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thanks all ! As ever, all very useful and helpful :thumb

Back