Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED lighting - old thread

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. I recall reading a thread where a lady contributor described how she fitted an LED strip around the sliding door, under the awning and plugged it into the 12v socket by the side of the bench seat. Does anyone know from which thread it came please as I'd like to do the same. I've had a search but can't find it. Thanks

I’ve done this using a Bonlux camping led string that I had kicking about mounted on a black Alu led mounting strip 2m long for neatness, blends in to the awning casing. Plugged in using the cig lighter socket in the tailgate. You can also use a power bank if you prefer. Just wanted it to be easily removable, no holes drilled etc. It will be upgraded with a remote led set in the coming weeks. Very effective at night.

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all. I recall reading a thread where a lady contributor described how she fitted an LED strip around the sliding door, under the awning and plugged it into the 12v socket by the side of the bench seat. Does anyone know from which thread it came please as I'd like to do the same. I've had a search but can't find it. Thanks
@Amarillo did this some time back.
I think he utilised the rear socket / tailgate light switch

@Amarillo did this some time back.
I think he utilised the rear socket / tailgate light switch

I hardwired Anderson connectors to the leisure battery, with Anderson sockets behind the front passenger seat, in the rear toolbox (Beach not Ocean), and within the awning casing. We can now place our fridge behind the front passenger seat, in the boot or externally - connected directly to the leisure battery.

The cable for the Anderson connectors exits the van via a small slit in the tailgate wiring loom and into the awning casing via a small hole drilled in the awning casing end cap.

With a cable splitter, we can have led lights in a number of locations under the awning or within the driveaway awning.

Back