Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure batteries

S

Scooby

Hi I bought a 1990 Cali last year (one of the irst 100 made, according to the chassis number,)
I had to buy 2 new leisure batteries as the previous owners only had car batteries in it... These are now rather flat so It's currently plugged in on the drive at home..... Am hoping this will charge them?! :crazy :crazy
The display showing the battery status was showing only the first and last bar.... And nothing in the middle...... When plugged in, it flashes between the plug and the battery status... Does this mean it's charging ? I was going to leave it Couple of days and if when disconnected the bars haven't improved, then charge manaually (so to speak) the batteries are 110s I think... Two of them.... So I know to charge from flat would take some time! However I'm off to "bus types" soon and want to chill me beer :barmy ;)
Have translated some of the German manuals but not enough to work this out :headwall
Any thoughts ..... Or am I being a girl :oops:

Scooby, how flat were they? because if they went below 20% they are probably damaged beyond repair and the plates will be knackered, a leisure battery is totally different to a normal vehicle battery and needs to be kept topped up at all times.

Hi, they weren't dead flat...... Am pretty sure they didnt go below 20%

Just come back from a few days away, and I knew they werent good when I left, so didn't have the fridge running much.... If I did it flashed, which I think means they're low !

Am pretty sure it to do with the charger...... Am thinking the bus might have origi ally had gel batteries and therefore won't charge the standard leisure batteries I've fitted :(

Back