Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery Access

dannosail

dannosail

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Can you remove the battery under the seat without removing the seat?

Does anyone know what size torx head I need? Front 2 nuts are normal, back 2 torx, I need to remove the seat anyway to fit some replacement trim.

Thanks.

Don't think the battery can be removed without first removing the seat , did not try it yet doh...

Can you remove the battery under the seat without removing the seat?

Does anyone know what size torx head I need? Front 2 nuts are normal, back 2 torx, I need to remove the seat anyway to fit some replacement trim.

Thanks.
The bolts may look like torx but the are a size 9 multi spline, But a torx will fit, size 50 or 55 cant remember what one,
The way I take the battery out is to undo the fronts by 4 or 5 turns, then slide the seat forward, Remove the rear bolts the tip the seat forward/up the wedge a piece of wood under the runners, then theres loads of room to pull the battery out,

The bolts may look like torx but the are a size 9 multi spline, But a torx will fit, size 50 or 55 cant remember what one,
The way I take the battery out is to undo the fronts by 4 or 5 turns, then slide the seat forward, Remove the rear bolts the tip the seat forward/up the wedge a piece of wood under the runners, then theres loads of room to pull the battery out,

Thank you. I need to lift the seat of the stud as I need to replace the trim which sits just underneath which I ripped off when somehow I got my trousers caught! I'll have a peak at the battery while it's off.

Just remember if you unplug the seat don't turn on the ignition

Presume that registers an error or something? Or does it set of the Air bags?!!

Presume that registers an error or something? Or does it set of the Air bags?!!
yes its puts the SRS light on, Then it will have to be reset, just take the keys out of the ignition,and don't put them back in until the seat wires are all pluged back in,