Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Batteries Replaced

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
So, I have been putting this off for 12 months, but wanted to reassure anyone considering it, that changing the leisure batteries is not as daunting as you may have imagined.

I’ve owned my Cali from new in 2008, so have done pretty well to eek the batteries out for this long. I have regularly hooked up to the mains and it has spent most winters in a heated garage, which I think has helped with battery life.

My advice is, have a go. It is not a quick job, but as long as you plan to take your time and get someone to hold the passenger seat forward (on the front locating studs) for around 10 minutes of the process, it is not so difficult. You will need a large torx allen key in addition to a selection of socket spanners.

I’ll be able to pop the roof without running the engine again!

Andy

So, I have been putting this off for 12 months, but wanted to reassure anyone considering it, that changing the leisure batteries is not as daunting as you may have imagined.

I’ve owned my Cali from new in 2008, so have done pretty well to eek the batteries out for this long. I have regularly hooked up to the mains and it has spent most winters in a heated garage, which I think has helped with battery life.

My advice is, have a go. It is not a quick job, but as long as you plan to take your time and get someone to hold the passenger seat forward (on the front locating studs) for around 10 minutes of the process, it is not so difficult. You will need a large torx allen key in addition to a selection of socket spanners.

I’ll be able to pop the roof without running the engine again!

Andy

What batteries did you select?

Hi
I bought 2 x EXV88AGM Enduroline AGM Leisure Marine Battery 12V 80Ah, from Tayna Batteries. They were a recommended alternative for the Varta batteries that I was intending buying. They are the right dimensions and the holes for the breather pipes line up.

Obviously, I can’t comment on how long they will last yet.

Last edited: