Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery questions - +inverter

Only in the case of a fused link between batteries would your scenario be correct.
And there is a fused link between the Batteries on the California SE/Ocean, so you would have to disconnect the batteries from each other.

Get a separate lifepo4 battery, they can hold 500-800amps
Though I build separate lithium battery we don't even use inverter. All the possible hardware can be found at 12v at very efficient loads.

Just did the maths

Watts / Voltage = Amps

1200 watt machine at 240v would draw 5 amps, same power at 12v would draw 100 amps, well above recommended draw of 37.5a for 150ah agm
This is why lorries use 24V and why newer systems use 48V but it appaears VW has yet to catch up .... but then I assume? they are dead anyway in the scheme of things because diesels are to be stopped in 2030 we are told. At least production of. What is required is a hydrogen fuelled replacement (not electric) it may have electric motors but hydrogen fuel (ammonia) anyway I will be dead by then unfortunately. I cant help thinking that a hydrogen powered existing engine might be the sensible way. But hey, I havent got the time to develop one. A microwave in the cab would be my most wanted thing. After all they only run for a few minutes and in that time the engine can be run. So long as you have a bigger alternator (which is an option = arent there so many! and they all cost 500 quid) and thicker cables.

I would never load alternater with that directly.
Lifepo4 battery and you can 200amps long draw no prob.
My current setup. Engine bat + leisure agm 80ah + 170ah lifepo4 + extra portable 135ah lifepo4

18992F9C-3F09-4C27-929E-141ADD150EF0.jpeg
Can I run it off the inverter safely?

you want to run it off the VW inverter ? Then no! You won't run it safely, you won't run it at all...

you want to run it off the VW inverter ? Then no! You won't run it safely, you won't run it at all...
on T6 max power is 150W. on T6.1 I understand it is 300W. Your kettle needs 600W. For boiling water, or producing any kind of heat, electricity is the less efficient/practical way in a van.
I also have a 600W and 0,6L kettle for making Tea (dare I say sometimes Nescafe!) when on hook up.

In a word...no.

As Calimili has said, you can only draw that amount of power (600Watts) directly from the 13amp mains socket when you are on hook-up.

Alan