Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery

Fit window deflectors, have window slightly open and run cable in that way. Deflectors will stop any rain getting in.

FWIW, I have a German Beach with a second battery and heater and can confirm that there is no battery indicator anywhere (the MFA, the heater display above the mirror or the radio display)

We stood it for 6 days last week, used the 12V to charge the phone a few times and the lights were on for 30mins every day. At the end of the week, I turned the ignition and the radio display (310) showed 'Low Battery'. That warning is not in the manual though, so no idea if it was for the leisure or the main battery.

Bit rubbish really, be good to find out so that we're not stuck somewhere.

Stu

stew said:
FWIW, I have a German Beach with a second battery and heater and can confirm that there is no battery indicator anywhere (the MFA, the heater display above the mirror or the radio display)

We stood it for 6 days last week, used the 12V to charge the phone a few times and the lights were on for 30mins every day. At the end of the week, I turned the ignition and the radio display (310) showed 'Low Battery'. That warning is not in the manual though, so no idea if it was for the leisure or the main battery.

Bit rubbish really, be good to find out so that we're not stuck somewhere.

Stu

Hi Stu

That's interesting - what spec is your German Beach?

James

Custard said:
Hi Stu

James

Looking for anything in particular?

2011 140 TSI 4Motion Manual, Privacy Glass, Heater, Xenons, 2 seater bench+rear shelf, awning, tow bar, heated mirrors, extra sound damping, RCD 310, cruise control, Climatronic, 17inch VW steel winter wheels and 17 Autec Ethos summer...

Imported from Germany to Switzerland saving 35% on - admittedly high - Swiss prices. Great cheese though! :grin:

Great buy, so versatile!

I am a new Beach owner and had hoped that this thread would enlighten me as to the intricacies of my new vehicle, however, I have to say I am none the wiser!!!

I shall go home tonight and study my manual as I shall be very upset if it turns out I do not have a seperate leisure battery with cut-off.

Leigh and Lucy said:
I am a new Beach owner and had hoped that this thread would enlighten me as to the intricacies of my new vehicle, however, I have to say I am none the wiser!!!

I shall go home tonight and study my manual as I shall be very upset if it turns out I do not have a seperate leisure battery with cut-off.

Just check under the drivers seat to see if it's there. I don't however know about the cut-out.

stew said:
Custard said:
Hi Stu

James

Looking for anything in particular?

2011 140 TSI 4Motion Manual, Privacy Glass, Heater, Xenons, 2 seater bench+rear shelf, awning, tow bar, heated mirrors, extra sound damping, RCD 310, cruise control, Climatronic, 17inch VW steel winter wheels and 17 Autec Ethos summer...

Imported from Germany to Switzerland saving 35% on - admittedly high - Swiss prices. Great cheese though! :grin:

Great buy, so versatile!

Lovely van :) Wish we could get that spec in the UK :)

The Ethos wheels are really really nice :)

James

stew said:
Leigh and Lucy said:

Just check under the drivers seat to see if it's there. I don't however know about the cut-out.

I am not that sure about the cut out - I do know that with the cool box, when it is in the back of the van depending on how long you have been driving, seems to depend on how long it stays on once you have stopped. There does appear to be a situation where the cool box stops - although I know the cool box has a cut off built in

James

20% off Tanya Leisure Battery again on ebay