Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery

A

Amandawoodward

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi

I’m new to the site and as a Cali T6 2018 beach owner.
We dont know how to use the leisure battery and was hoping someone could help us.

if we want to run a fridge off it for example, what do we need to do.

when the engine is running, we power the fridge from the cigarette lighter in the front. When we are stationery with the engine off, we switched plugs and tried to run it off a plug behind the passenger seat but it doesnt work.

help!

thanks
A

Hi

I’m new to the site and as a Cali T6 2018 beach owner.
We dont know how to use the leisure battery and was hoping someone could help us.

if we want to run a fridge off it for example, what do we need to do.

when the engine is running, we power the fridge from the cigarette lighter in the front. When we are stationery with the engine off, we switched plugs and tried to run it off a plug behind the passenger seat but it doesnt work.

T

help!

thanks
A
Hi Amanda :welcome
The three pin socket (on the Beach) is only live when plugged into hook up the three pin socket will not work without hooking up to an electric supply

The fridge will work from the 12v supply ( lesuire bat) when not on hook up
Use the 12v on the B pillar or side of sliding door (cup holder) or in the boot

Last edited:
Is there an isolator switch for the leisure battery on the Beach?

Hi Amanda :welcome
The three pin socket (on the Beach) is only live when plugged into hook up the three pin socket will not work without hooking up to an electric supply

The fridge will work from the 12v supply ( lesuire bat) when not on hook up

hi
Ok thanks! So when we don’t have a hook up,
We plug into the cigarette plug in the front? But when we do have a hookup, we use the 3 pin in the back?

a

hi
Ok thanks! So when we don’t have a hook up,
We plug into the cigarette plug in the front? But when we do have a hookup, we use the 3 pin in the back?

a
Not exactly, I updated my original post to clarify :thumb
Do not use the cigarette socket on the dash, the leisure bat operates from the sockets rear of the front seats only 3nr in my beach two in the rear one in the boot
The front socket on the dash is powered from the starter bat, avoid using this unless driving (starter battery is charged when driving)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad
So when we don’t have a hook up,
We plug into the cigarette plug in the front?

So is there no cigarette lighter in the middle/rear of a Beach? And does the front cigarette light not run from the engine battery?

Not exactly, I updated my original post to clarify :thumb
Do not use the cigarette socket on the dash, the leisure bat operats from the sockets rear of the front seats only 3nr in my beach two in the rear one in the boot
Ah it’s not working when we do that - without a hook up

That does not sound right
If your rear cigarette sockets are not working unless on hook up there is a problem with your electrical circuit, the 12v socket (cigarette) should be live at all times, connected to the lesuire battery ?

Which fridge do you have ?
Is there a low battery, safety setting on the fridge,
My CFx35 has a safety feature, that can be set to various levels to prevent fully discharging the lesuire bat when using the 12v sockets

You can use something like this extender to check / determine the voltage from the 12v socket, it provides a good visual indicator as to battery voltage.

3D2CBB08-8229-4CDA-8F80-0CD789DE75B3.jpeg

Do you have cigarette socket like this behind passenger seat?

image.jpg

Yes we do have a cigarette lighter in the back so will try with that. Thanks everyone

Try a voltmeter across it to see if it gives 12v

there may be a fridge specific issue as to why fridge not working (voltage drop) which is extensively discussed in another thread

so best check with something else