Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery

R

Ritchard

Vehicle
Grand California 600
My 600 GC was in the dealer for five weeks waiting for a leisure water pump replacement (!!!). Since I got it back the leisure battery has failed (I’m sure they just left it without charging). It’s now showing only 0.1v actual voltage but still charges up to 100% from my home hook up. Advice please. Is the battery compromised completely?

My 600 GC was in the dealer for five weeks waiting for a leisure water pump replacement (!!!). Since I got it back the leisure battery has failed (I’m sure they just left it without charging). It’s now showing only 0.1v actual voltage but still charges up to 100% from my home hook up. Advice please. Is the battery compromised completely?
I just came across this post. Did you ever get it resolved with your dealer?

No, the van is still sitting in the dealer nearly four weeks later - I eventually got it booked in on 12 Feb. The fault seems to be with the (newly replaced in December) leisure management screen which has completely failed. As of Friday VW is still trying to work out what is wrong. If it wasn’t for lockdown........

No, the van is still sitting in the dealer nearly four weeks later - I eventually got it booked in on 12 Feb. The fault seems to be with the (newly replaced in December) leisure management screen which has completely failed. As of Friday VW is still trying to work out what is wrong. If it wasn’t for lockdown........
Thanks for the reply. Sorry you’re still having issues.

@andyinluton or @Loz or @WelshGas
I appreciate this is not a vehicle you are familiar with, but can you offer any advice?

The only thing I could suggest is swapping the leisure battery for another one, any old car battery that holds a charge would do. That would let you know if it is the battery that’s the problem or something else.

Hi Ritchard. What was happening with your leisure management screen when it went wrong. Im having leisure battery issues and my screen has now since started to play up and cut out.

Back