Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Leisure Battery not charging from engine

Hello everyone ! I have just redone the wirering between the two batteries of my GC 600 by adding a voltronic vcc 1212, and everything is working perfectly!!
Hi ..yes, you are so correct. Why on earth have VW used a simple split charge relay on a cat 6 engine. Surprised it works at all. Of course they should have used a DC to DC charger. Can you post any details/photos you have of this modification?.
I am assuming the split charge relay sits somewhere in the engine bay/passenger foot well.
Also, as I've posted elsewhere, the cable size and the run length from the solar regulator to the leisure battery is well outside votronics own specifications (cables too thin and way too long). Trying too work out how to do a lithium leisure upgrade so getting to grips with what is provided from factory is step 1.

Hi ..yes, you are so correct. Why on earth have VW used a simple split charge relay on a cat 6 engine. Surprised it works at all. Of course they should have used a DC to DC charger. Can you post any details/photos you have of this modification?.
I am assuming the split charge relay sits somewhere in the engine bay/passenger foot well.
Also, as I've posted elsewhere, the cable size and the run length from the solar regulator to the leisure battery is well outside votronics own specifications (cables too thin and way too long). Trying too work out how to do a lithium leisure upgrade so getting to grips with what is provided from factory is step 1.
Hi take a look a this report they seem to have fitted a replacement Lithium battery with no issues.

Like many on here I have been having a miserable time getting my Van Centre or VW even to acknowledge, let alone fix, any problem with my leisure battery; this despite it having been replaced twice in little over 18 months. The latest battery now appears to have gone bung making a total of three since we bought the van last April.

If anyone's managed to get it fixed, do you have any (obviously not private or personally identifiable) references, dates or numbers that I could use to point VW in the right direction that you wouldn't mind sharing? VW appears to have no way of collating the solutions to these issues so even something like, "mine was fixed by JCT 600 Sheffield on 12th March," might be really helpful in getting them to put two and two together.

Obviously, I completely understand that this sounds like fishing so no problems if you don't want to share... and please don't drop your reg number and passwords on here!!! :)

Like many on here I have been having a miserable time getting my Van Centre or VW even to acknowledge, let alone fix, any problem with my leisure battery; this despite it having been replaced twice in little over 18 months. The latest battery now appears to have gone bung making a total of three since we bought the van last April.

If anyone's managed to get it fixed, do you have any (obviously not private or personally identifiable) references, dates or numbers that I could use to point VW in the right direction that you wouldn't mind sharing? VW appears to have no way of collating the solutions to these issues so even something like, "mine was fixed by JCT 600 Sheffield on 12th March," might be really helpful in getting them to put two and two together.

Obviously, I completely understand that this sounds like fishing so no problems if you don't want to share... and please don't drop your reg number and passwords on here!!! :)
You would think with all their equipment and expert technicians they would be able to identify the fault!
Just an idea, but could you independently charge up the battery with a car charger to rule out the battery?

Sorry to hear if your ongoing issues. What exactly is happening, you say you’ve had 3 batteries in 18 months but don’t say much else about the specific issue.

Did you resolve your issue and how seems I have the same problem

Back