Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Levelling ramps

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Anyone use them? If so, any recommendations?

Our only issue has been the kids waking up at night in a crumpled heap when we haven't quite found a completely level pitch!

Thule appear to make good ones but open to any other suggestions.

Also, do they take up much room? Two kids and a dog mean space is rather limited!

We use the Fiamma ones, you should only need the small size ( i think they are called magnum) ours came in a nice carry bag so if you dont use them on site you can just chuck them under the van to save on room. We also have a set of the jumbo ones but have never used as they are double the size and more designed for big motorhomes.

Same as Martin. Used them often. Not super wide - fit our standard 215/65 tyres fine. Makes a big difference being level

We are using Milenco Trio's. They are meant to pocket your wheels to stop you rolling off them. They don't really manage it though.

That's saaaaaad :rofl :rofl :rofl

What's the point of levelling ramps without a spirit level?

Ours is a neat little triangular one that tells you you are level side to side and back to front ...

Cheers all!

My mobile does have a spirit level app which seems to work pretty well!

Went for the Thule ones because they are black and I'm a sucker for stealth kit! Similar dimensions to the Fiamma ones but "stepped" so goons like me may have more of a chance of getting the height right!

We went for the Thule ones in the end too. They slide neatly to the left of the rear bench in that space next to the wardrobe/fridge. Thanks for the tip about the mobile spirit level app !

Come on guys.....Spirit level...a bit wacko....only Spirit level we need to address is the line on the bottle....ha ha.

Great tip on the iPhone App - Thanks.

Anyone got idea's on the best price for the Thule leveller's?

I did a trawl and used ebay - a few doing them for around £20 delivered.

We have just had a terrific weekend at a CL in Suffolk, and discovered we need levelling ramps.
Could anyone advise as to the best ones to get?
Many thanks, Kitty

Hi

It all depends on how much uneven ground you are going to camp on. I have a pair of yellow ones from Fiamma with chocks that go under the tyres to help the vehicle to be even. They fit nicely down the side of the bench at the rear too. Milenco do pair that are larger and i am not sure if they will fit in the same place.

I have and like the Fiamma ones, too. This was the cheapest I found them a few months ago, including a handy bag. Haven't bothered getting chocks yet, but there are compatible ones.

Also bought these grip mats (or something like them) for wet, muddy fields - and whilst we did put them under the rear wheels when we were parked up for a few days, we haven't had to test them in anger yet!

Best wishes,
Steve

Thank you for your replies - I'm hoping for nothing more drastic than a lumpy field! I'll investigate the Fiamma ones.
Kitty

we used the yellow Fiamma ones in a hired Cali recently. Easy to use, easy to level the van and they pack away pretty well as they arent too big. They came with the little 'chocks' which i assumed were to put behind the wheels on the ramps to prevent any backward roll once you are in position on the ramps, but we never bothered using these.

I wouldnt see the need for anything bigger or with flat sections, but its all down to personal preference.

We got a pair from towsure which are smaller than the Fiamma one's but are quite adequate for most uneven surfaces. The nice thing about the smaller ones is that they fit nicely between one of the deck chairs in the rear door so take up no interior space

Thule for me £23.84p including p&p the caravan and camping store

We have the Thule ones and got to use them for the first time on recent trip to France. They came in a pretty sturdy bag but aren't that wide so accommodate the 215tyres that we have but may be some overlap if you have bigger alloys. We store them in the drawer under the rear bench.

We have been making do without ramps to save space. However the other half went to a car boot and could not resist buying a couple of cheap second hand ones to play with. I think they are a bit narrow for the tyres so will probably upgrade them.
On our first go at using them we lined them up and got the van all nice and level and were quite pleased with ourselves.
Then I wanted to turn my driver side seat around for staying the night.
Hmmm now I have to take the hand brake off. Even in P park it rolled back about an inch or two.
So does that mean we now have to buy some chocks as well? more things to store.:rolleyes::(

Back