Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lighthouses

• Thread starter TwentyOneThirtyFive
  • Start date
Can't beat some of the more exotic locations in this thread, and this one's cheating a bit as it features my previous transport, BC (Before Cali)!

Lighthouse at Happisburgh, Norfolk (pronounced Haysboro, I was told by a Norfolkian) - the only privately owned functioning lighthouse in England (maybe in uk?) - well it was when I took the photo some years ago - better go back with the Cali!

100_1223 - Copy.JPG

http://www.happisburgh.org.uk/lighthouse

found this old picture of Strumble Head lighthouse

strumble head.jpg

Hirtshals at the top of Denmark.

Suurounded by old German defences with big gun emplacements from the war.

Battery Point - Portishead
ce97dff247af2f56a6a3adda5eb52e2e.jpg

Mike

Bagged another Lighthouse....Rua Reidh Lighthouse near the entrance to Loch Ewe, there is a narrow access road going over a couple of narrow 'weak bridges'....very remote and converted to a B&B now...we did a lovely coastal walk.

_20170606_204713.JPG_20170526_220741.JPG _20170524_195631.JPG

Lighthouse Hurst Castle

hurst castle 4.jpg

Parked up at Keyhaven for the day and took ferry to Hurst spit Castle and 2 lighthouses
hurst castle7.jpg

Another lighthouse, this time the Point of Ayre on the northern tip of the Isle of Man.
IMG_2064.JPG
With this one 300 yards away on the beach called 'Winkie'
IMG_2069.JPG

...and another one at Maughold Head on North Eastern Isle of Man IMG_2214.JPG

Did someone say size is important? Berry Head South Devon.

IMG_4172.JPG

Last edited:
Souter Lighthouse (open to public NT) on our tour of North Eastlighthouse.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad
I visited that lighthouse a couple of years ago, like you say a very interesting road to it.
The weather looks about the same when we visited!

Nash Point, Glamorgan Heritage Coast, on my way back to the van after an evening walk to Llantwit Major and back.
97f078f339317495de9e180174bccae1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

IMG_2062.JPG

A black and white one.... just how I like my vans....

A black and white one.... just how I like my vans....

I love that spot at Penmon point and clang of the bell from the lighthouse great place to park up and relax.

Another view of St Mary's Lighthouse Whitley Bay from just outside Caravan and Motorhome club site at Great Hartley. (avoid this site you will not like it & in may be full up when I want to book)

st marys.jpg

Back