Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

living area lighting enhancement

X

xkirkba

Our 2013 Cali has LED's but they are dim, only 2 squares. Has anyone upgraded them to brighter bulbs and if so can you recommend any?

Great question, awaiting any responses with interest....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our 2013 Cali has LED's but they are dim, only 2 squares. Has anyone upgraded them to brighter bulbs and if so can you recommend any?
Great question, awaiting any responses with interest....

The Forum Shop sells these Replacement Bulbs, but I think they are replacements for the older Halogen bulbs so may have different fittings.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/replacement-led-interior-bulb#woocomerce-tabs1

My 2014 SE has very bright LED lights. Very rarely have more than 1 or 2 of the small ones on for reading.

The Forum Shop sells these Replacement Bulbs, but I think they are replacements for the older Halogen bulbs so may have different fittings.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/replacement-led-interior-bulb#woocomerce-tabs1

My 2014 SE has very bright LED lights. Very rarely have more than 1 or 2 of the small ones on for reading.

Ours, also (Jan) 2014, has excellent light over the sink, but all the others are poor by comparison, hardly worth bothering with.

Ours, also (Jan) 2014, has excellent light over the sink, but all the others are poor by comparison, hardly worth bothering with.

Ah, mine is a December 2014, so in fact a 2015 Model Year. Model Year runs from 1 st July 2014 to 30 th June 2015.
So maybe they changed the LEDs or a different supplier. I have no complaints.

Thanks WG; I’ll maybe do a bit of delving and see just what they are... would be good to brighten things up a bit (as per the OP)

I used strip leds on a usb fitting or battery ones in the cupboards... The Ones on the USB are under the seat and have a remote control so easy to use... Very effective and cheap on flea bay.....

Thank you all. My next step is to ask a dealer if the replacement bulbs are different for 2015 0nwards and then if they will fit!

Keep us posted on the outcome of this, please.

Back