Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locking the van at night when you're in it

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Would someone knowledgeable please explain in very simple terms that I can understand, how to lock the van for sleeping in it at night, without either (a) the alarm going off, or (b) shutting down all systems so nothing works & you can't get out, both of which I have done in the middle of the night in my various attempts to lock the doors. Aaargh!

Hi I always lock the doors from inside using the central locking button on the drivers door
You can then still open the side door if you need to by pulling the handle twice :thumb

Best idea is to use the lock switch o. The drivers door.

This locks the vehicle, doesn't dead lock it (don't want to do that with people in the van) but doesn't set the alarms.

Doors can then be opened from the inside (double pull of the handle) but not from the outside.

It's important to ensure easy exit in case of emergency.

Rgds
M

Thanks guys, sounds good, I'll try that out. I've never been able to figure out the business with the switch down on the door pillar but this seems v straightforward.

ejmoore said:
Thanks guys, sounds good, I'll try that out. I've never been able to figure out the business with the switch down on the door pillar but this seems v straightforward.

The switch on the 'b' pillar to switch off the alarm motion sensor. Press it then lock with the remote. Useful on ferries or when leaving a dog in the cali.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

When I want to leave the vehicle locked but sensors off e.g. on a ferry or camping with the roof up, I just lock it with the key, not the remote.

Andy

This is what I mean - it all gets complicated, too many options. That's how I got myself locked in, fiddling about trying to remember what to do, until CLICK...beep! beep! (that's the van, but could represent me too)

Back