Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locking van when inside T6.1

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Haven’t done an overnight in the van (T6.1) yet but was just wondering about locking up when inside. All I can find in the handbook is instructions on how to disable internal movement detection via the central control panel. I assume that once set, if i exit the van for any reason i’d have to go back into the control panel settings and reset. Is this correct? Is there an easier/more convenient way?

On the T6 driver side window controls you have a lock / unlock long button

do you have it on a 6.1?

Long button at the top will lock the van and disable the internal movement monitor, so you can use this when closing up for the night.

Edit:
you can also use it to lock the vehicle when driving ( if the auto lock is not activated)

26C77B77-C74B-4E41-9948-E61267677B39.jpeg

Last edited:
Be aware the van will / can re lock if you get out and close the sliding door without opening the drivers door !

Edit,
hence this is one of the issues of the the surf key debate.

Haven’t done an overnight in the van (T6.1) yet but was just wondering about locking up when inside. All I can find in the handbook is instructions on how to disable internal movement detection via the central control panel. I assume that once set, if i exit the van for any reason i’d have to go back into the control panel settings and reset. Is this correct? Is there an easier/more convenient way?
Saw your Van the other day in Wendover - looking good.
On my T6 if you click the locking button once it sets alarm and dead-locks, click again it removes dead-locks and interior sensor.
The doors are still locked and the alarm will go off if a door is open, so click to unlock before venturing out in the middle of the night.

Saw your Van the other day in Wendover - looking good.
On my T6 if you click the locking button once it sets alarm and dead-locks, click again it removes dead-locks and interior sensor.
The doors are still locked and the alarm will go off if a door is open, so click to unlock before venturing out in the middle of the night.
Thanks Trev0rk. Are you local to Wendover?

Edit: The button behind driver's door to disable internal movement detector I think has been replaced by a selection on the control panel on the 6.1, but the reasons for using the lock button on the top of the driver's door by the window/mirror controls while sleeping in the van are still valid.

Last edited:
Can you provide the menu tree for accessing the internal movement detection please? My manual is in German, and I’ve not discovered this menu item yet!

Many thanks.

Can you provide the menu tree for accessing the internal movement detection please? My manual is in German, and I’ve not discovered this menu item yet!

Many thanks.
Here you go:
1. Menu - choose vehicle.
2. Choose settings (bottom right hand symbol)
3. Choose opening and closing
4. Select or deselect ‘interior monitoring’

Here you go:
Edit 2. - not hand symbol but gear wheel/car symbol

Attachments

• E0744DB9-68EF-41B8-8CE8-6A920263EF4D.jpeg
    E0744DB9-68EF-41B8-8CE8-6A920263EF4D.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 70
  • E3AFF994-291C-4FFE-883F-8B287D684118.jpeg
    E3AFF994-291C-4FFE-883F-8B287D684118.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 2F63831E-B4B0-447D-9BA4-81740E18AEF0.jpeg
    2F63831E-B4B0-447D-9BA4-81740E18AEF0.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 1E49630B-AF7A-4E8E-8AAE-2C896B51F357.jpeg
    1E49630B-AF7A-4E8E-8AAE-2C896B51F357.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 63
Maybe the new we connect plus will allow opening of doors for MY21 ?

Here you go:

Edit 2. - not hand symbol but gear wheel/car symbol
Thanks for this. Now I come to think of it, I had seen the interior monitoring option, but never made the connection as to what it actually did!

I’m one of the many who found out about the van locking itself after you get out in the night for a pee....... locking the keys and dog inside....

Back